[SOLVED] How do I creat 2 different unique profile tabs?...

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157142 by davidashurst77
Hi,

I have created 2 user list: Pro Team and Members

I have created a profile tab that appears on both these lists. However, I want 2 unique profile tabs. One for the Pro Team, viewable to all and one for the Members, viewable to registered users.

This is working, but the same tab is used for each group. I want the Members (registered users) to have a different set of fields on their Profile tab.

Can you help?

Thanks

Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157176 by krileon
You'll need to create 2 different tabs then add separate fields for those 2 different tabs. Those 2 tabs then would show the fields you've assigned to them. Not sure how you intent to restrict it to specific users aside from CBSubs or ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157321 by davidashurst77
Replied by davidashurst77 on topic Re: How do I creat 2 different unique profile tabs?...
Hi,

I already have figured out that I had "to create 2 different tabs, then add separate fields for those 2 different tabs". The issue is how to give access to two different groups.

I want one tab set to Registered and a another tab set to Everyone and Registered. I can not achieve the second option, because I can only select one group in the tab. Is there a way to create custom groups (so I can select 2 groups)?

Also, please clarify your jargon... "CBSubs and ACL"... what does this mean?

In addition to this, my manager wants to clarify the above and the following:

1. the tab options for Pro Team and Members team, how do you customise for each group?
2. How to effectively use the connections in Community Builder.

The URL to the site is: www.humminbird.com.au

Thanks

Dave

13 years 1 month ago #157400 by krileon

I want one tab set to Registered and a another tab set to Everyone and Registered. I can not achieve the second option, because I can only select one group in the tab. Is there a way to create custom groups (so I can select 2 groups)?

Edit your tabs in tab management and set one as Registered and the other to Everybody.

Please review your documentation available in the advanced download section for connections usage and further tab configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157479 by davidashurst77
Replied by davidashurst77 on topic Re: How do I creat 2 different unique profile tabs?...
Hi,

I have already tried what you have suggested. Please read my question again.

1. If I simply set one to Registered and one Everybody, then yes there would be 2 unique tabs for 2 unique groups.

2. However I want Registered to view their tab and I want Everybody to have access to the profiles of a Separate Group List called the Pro Team.

3. If I set the Pro Team profile tab to Everybody then it appears on Everybody's profile. I don't want this, because the fields are not relevant to the Registered group, who are not members of the Pro Team.

Can you supply some solutions?

With reference to documentation for Connections I have studied the documentation your referring. It does not outline the reasons to use Connections and its full potential.
Is there a resource you know of, that can illustrate its usage?

Regards

Dave

13 years 1 month ago #157499 by nicodemus
Dave,

I'm not one of the Joomlapolis guys, just a user...

Which version of Joomla are you using? If it's 1.5.x I suspect you may be hitting the limitations of 1.5.x's Access Control Level (ACL) sometimes also called Access Control Layer, depends who you talk to :).

If it's Joomla 1.6 then that has much improved ACL. The jargon used for this is it's described as more 'finely grained'.

It's not clear to me from your post whether you're talking about Joomla 1.5.x user groups (that is - Registered, Author, Publisher and so on) to one of which you have mapped your Pro User group or whatever. This, I think, is where your initial difficulty may lie rather than in controlling who can view specific CB tabs.

An analogy:- If you can't set up bog standard Joomla menu items to allow exactly the groups you want exactly the access you want to a couple of test Joomla articles then your problem is in Joomla's ACL and how you're mapping to it rather than CB.

Hope that makes sense :)

Nick Coe
www.k9sportworld.com
www.ellmoregroup.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn