[SOLVED] How do I creat 2 different unique profile tabs?...

13 years 1 month ago #157539 by krileon
As the previous user has suggested it's likely an ACL issue you're running into. On Joomla 1.5 this isn't going to be possible. On Joomla 1.6 it will be possible through custom ACL groups. On anything but Joomla 1.6 you'll need something like CBSubs to help provide different profile types.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157545 by nicodemus
Dave,

And after thinking about the best way to describe CB's Connections, the best analogy is Facebook Friends. It's not exactly the same but very, very similar.

Now, if you want to change the name of it from Connections to Friends or perhaps Networking then you'll need to indulge in a bit of hocus pocus with some more 3rd party Joomla extensions. Initially I'd leave it as is until you feel it's functionality serves your purposes on your test site before trying anything else. If you then feel you want to change names then post back here and I'll explain how I did it.

Nick Coe
www.k9sportworld.com
www.ellmoregroup.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

13 years 1 month ago #157631 by davidashurst77
Replied by davidashurst77 on topic SOLVED: How do I creat 2 different unique profiles
Hi,

Thanks for all the feed back.

I am using Joomla 1.5 and hit the limitations of ACL groups. I will now investigate CBSubs (now I know want it could be for) or try the extension Community ACL.

Thanks for the Connections Facebook analogy. I thought that was the case, but my boss thought there must be more to it than that.

Cheers

Dave

PS I won't risk upgrading my site to 1.6 just yet!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn