[SOLVED] CB user list display problem

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159953 by cchw
Replied by cchw on topic Re: CB user list display problem
It does not appear to be a template issue. I have a user list saying there are 8 registered users - but there are 4, showing. In the attached screen shot, the red outline is one of the four blank 'sectiontableentry' rows, and right below it, you can see the first of four legible rows. I went into the list of users, which came in on import. One of the site administrators activated four additional users for the beta test - but their profiles haven't been filled out yet.

Summary: check your user list in the back end for profiles that are published - but whose fields are still empty.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159960 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB user list display problem
Screenshot leeds me to believe it is a template issue - please switch to default joomla template to verify.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159973 by cchw
I'm not sure you caught the gist of my reply - I solved the original poster's problem, and it is not a template problem. Herewith:
  1. When installed, CB inherits the the contact list previously established.
  2. Fields are set up, as per usual...in my case all of them new fields
  3. If a contact is then 'published' from the list view in the CB back end, an empty record has been activated

It is this empty record that shows up as in the screenshot. Simply de-activate that contact, or put data in the fields. (I tested this, and it solves the problem.)

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159994 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB user list display problem
Users with no profile content is not a bug or an issue of CB. Users synchronized from Joomla will have very basic info just for them to exist. Beyond that there's nothing to obtain. Users should always register via CB. At any rate them completing their profiles would resolve the blank record.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159995 by cchw
Yes, agreed...it's just that the original poster and I were both told it was a template problem. Now we are all on the same page - and the fix is easy.

: )
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn