White Screen- Just when viewing MY profile

13 years 1 month ago #158879 by fader8
This is really odd, and I've hit a brick wall due to my lack of troubleshooting skills.

I can view anyone's profile, but if I try to view my own I just get a white screen. My first assumption was that it's a rogue plugin, so I carefully started disabling and re-enabling cb plugs to see what it might be. Here's my results.

1. If I unpublish both the Forum Integration plug and the GroupJive plug, I can view my profile just fine.

2. If I publish either of them, individually or together, I get the white screen of death when I try to view my profile.

So I'm now pondering what my next step should be. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158895 by nant
We have a nice FAQ article about debugging blank pages - please look it up and follow process and post back results.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158902 by fader8
Thanks for the heads up on the FAQ entry. When I enable GroupJive plugin and tab, the server error log tells me:
(one of these for each time I got the white screen)
[Sun Mar 27 14:30:26 2011] [error] [client "ip address"] File does not exist: /home/"me"/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http: // "mysite".com /index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=51
(spaces, quoted, added by me)

With site in debug mode, forum integration and groupjive enabled but not their tabs, CB shows this message:

Notice: Undefined index: postStats in /home/"me"/public_html/"mysite"/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsimpleboardtab/cb.simpleboardtab.model.php on line 104

...and the debug below shows:
MEMORY USAGE
249 QUERIES LOGGED

My php.ini file sets 128 meg as the memory limit. Could enabling tabs for these 2 plugs bump the memory use from 71 meg to over 128?

Should I bump the php.ini up to 256 perhaps?

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

13 years 1 month ago #158990 by krileon
This is a known issue, please see the below bug ticket for proposed patch.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2340

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #159037 by fader8

krileon wrote: This is a known issue, please see the below bug ticket for proposed patch.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2340

Thanks for the patch, k. That got rid of the debug message CB was displaying, but I'm still working on the white screen when viewing just "my" profile.

I've just noticed I have some redundant groupjive plugins and tabs in the backend lists. I'm thinking GJ 1.8 may have not been completely uninstalled before I installed GJ2. I'll look into that a bit more and post back with more detail.

13 years 1 month ago #159047 by krileon
I recommend enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration then re-testing. This should help reveal any errors. If none then please review your server error log. When upgrading from GJ 1.8 you needed to uninstall the CB plugin, then install GJ 2.x, migrate from tools (if you wanted to), then uninstall GJ 1.8.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.625 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn