White Screen- Just when viewing MY profile

13 years 1 month ago #159225 by fader8

krileon wrote: I recommend enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration then re-testing. This should help reveal any errors. If none then please review your server error log. When upgrading from GJ 1.8 you needed to uninstall the CB plugin, then install GJ 2.x, migrate from tools (if you wanted to), then uninstall GJ 1.8.

Hi krileon,
I unfortunately do not have access to the "server logs", A careful study of my host control panel reveals no such beast.

OK, here's where I am and what I've done on this as of today.

1. I uninstalled all remnants of GJ 1.8 and 2.1. Totally gone.

2. I disabled all CB plugs and tabs to the bare bones. Just Profile, User Status and CBSubs tab showing.

3. Fixed the niggly "file not found" messages that were showing up before in my regular error log. Error log reports blank no matter what I do now, yay!

4. Ran all the CB Tools.

I can see my profile.

Downloaded the fresh GroupJive 2.2, installed everything. Ran CB Tools again.

Enabled just the language plug and GroupJive plug, but not the tab. I can see my profile.

Enable the Groups tab and I get a white screen! Nothing in the error log.

I tried enabling all the GJ plugs and tabs just to see, but no joy there either. I've hit the wall again, so hoping you all might have some suggestion as to what I could try next.

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #159306 by krileon
It's not possible to debug blank pages without proper error logs or reviewing errors displayed with debug mode enabled and error reporting set to maximum. Please see FAQs link below regarding blank pages.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/faqs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #159371 by fader8

krileon wrote: It's not possible to debug blank pages without proper error logs or reviewing errors displayed with debug mode enabled and error reporting set to maximum.

Therein lies the problem, I guess. I do have error reporting set to maximum. Since nothing shows up on the page at all (or in the source) even with debug mode enabled, the only places I can view errors is in the host control panel error log and the file in my root directory called error_log. Neither of these record anything when I have the groupjive tab published and get the white screen.

I tried your phpmemtest routine and it rolls right up to 100mb.

I think I'll just have to forego that tab and just not have group stuff on the profile pages. At least until I'm able to find a way to find out what's really happening. Thanks for your time, Kyle.

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

13 years 1 month ago #159373 by krileon
Please ensure if you had previously GJ 1.8 installed you'll need to uninstall its CB plugin if installed. Can not duplicate your issue, sorry. Not sure what it could be without proper error reporting. Blank screen should always produce some form of error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #160673 by fader8
OK, after much back and forth with my host provider (Hostrocket was very helpful in ensuring I had proper error reporting set up) followed by a few rounds with a couple of other Joomla component devs whose code was revealed to be also causing problems, I'm feeling more like I'm getting somewhere!

I'll start with the forum integration tab and save the groupjive tab problem for later. Ensuring that the files in the plug_cbsimpleboardtab folder are fresh (CB 1.4 release), and for reference:

@version $Id: cb.simpleboardtab.model.php 1303 2010-11-25 12:55:45Z beat $

I now consistently see this error in the error log when I access "my profile only" and have the CB forum integration tab enabled:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: postStats in .... /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsimpleboardtab/cb.simpleboardtab.model.php on line 104

Of course, being aware of the patch for this file, I ran it using the patch command in Terminal. (patch < 2340.patch) However, Terminal reports this when I run the patch:

File to patch: cbsimpleboardtab.model.php
patching file cbsimpleboardtab.model.php
patch: **** malformed patch at line 12: \ No newline at end of file

So this leads me to believe that the file is not patching, therefore not solving the problem?

Some additional notes: While I can't view my own profile, I am able to view others profiles (the same error is reported) with the forum tab enabled and the tab does work fine.

Any suggestions on a next step would be appreciated!

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #160691 by krileon
That is just a notice and not an error, it will not stop PHP and thus not cause a blank screen. Something else is the culprit. At any rate the patch should be applied to fix the bug. If not applying properly then please make the change manually. Not all patching software works the same. Patch must also be applied from Joomla root.

There's really no way to debug blank screen without debug mode enabled and error reporting set to maximum in Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to navigate to your profile and review any on-screen errors. If none then your host is likely suppressing error reporting via PHP.ini or server configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn