CB Profile Gallery Problem???

9 years 7 months ago #248470 by zingerdigital
CB Profile Gallery Problem??? was created by zingerdigital
Im testing out adding a picture to my profile gallery and I'm getting the following error...

"Gallery repository could not be created! Please notify system admin!"

What do I have to do if I get this message???

Thanks,
Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #248519 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile Gallery Problem???
CB Profile Gallery image folder is probably missing. This could be due to permissions issues or plugin may have been installed incorrectly. You can try re-installing CB Profile Gallery or you can create the below folder manually.

images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #248527 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic CB Profile Gallery Problem???
Adding the "plug_profilegallery" directory fixed the problem with uploading images to the Gallery.

But I notice a new problem...

When a user uploads for the very first time. When they select and picture and clicks "Submit Gallery Entry", the screen goes white, and I need to refresh the page in order to see the image in the gallery. When that user uploads for a second time it works fine.

I deleted the images from the gallery and deleted the user folder in the "plug_profilegallery" directory. I tried to uploads a image again, and the same thing happens, the screen goes white and I need to refresh the page in order to see the image in the gallery.

So something wrong is happening when a users tries to upload when that user doesn't have a directory for them created under the "plug_profilegallery" directory.

Is this a know problem? Is there a way to prevent it?

Robert

9 years 7 months ago #248623 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile Gallery Problem???
Sounds like you've a permissions issue. Not sure why a refresh would change that though. Ensure the below folders have proper read/write permissions.

/images
/images/comprofiler
/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery

If issue persists enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then retest and see if the white page outputs any errors. If not then check your server error logs around the time you uploaded and see if any errors logged there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #249065 by zingerdigital
I'm still having the white screen program, as stated in the above posts.

What should be the proper permissions for these directories...

/images
/images/comprofiler

I'm guessing you don't have this problem? Have you tested it with a newly registered user to see if it happens to you or not???

9 years 7 months ago #249068 by zingerdigital
I enabled debugging

I tested the upload to the gallery. Using a user without a user directory in this directory "/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery"

After I click "Submit Gallery Entry", I get the white screen with the debugging lines.
These are the lines that pertain to the Profile Gallery

Warning: copy(/home/www/igotbiz.com/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/index.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

in /home/www/igotbiz.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilegallery/cb.profilegallery.php on line 375

Fatal error: Call to undefined method getProfileGalleryTab::_setError() in

/home/www/igotbiz.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilegallery/cb.profilegallery.php on line 379

Does this help to find out whats wrong?

As per your permissions suggestion....

My permissions on these directories

/images
/images/comprofiler

were set to 755

I changed them to 777, but I still get the same white screen and debug errors

Robert

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds