The page you requested is not available- when updating profile after using Editor Text Area fields

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #253583 by sylvanr
I had a problem with uploading images a week or two ago and that got resolved by adjusting php.ini file. Now I seem to have started having a problem with the Edit Text Area fields. Usually, in the front end, after entering text or other data into Edit Text Area fields on the edit page and click "Update," it goes to the read page with no problem. Now, when I edit a profile on the front end and enter text in a Edit Text Area field and click the "Update" button, it goes to an error screen (see attached) and says "The page you requested is NOT AVAILABLE." Under that, it says "A general error has occurred."

I checked to see if any other fields caused the same problem. The image field and a Text Area field worked fine.

This all seemed to start after I added JCE Media Box and some add-on's to JCE Editor. Maybe there is some incompatibility with CB 2.0? I tried disabling JCE altogether and went back to TinyMCE to see if it would solve the problem but didn't have any effect. I still get the error if I try to add text to that specific type of field and then try to update the page.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253598 by nant
General error should leave a trace in your webserver error log - perhaps ask your host helpdesk for assistance to figure out what is failing.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #253710 by sylvanr
I checked with my server provider and they said these are the error messages:

session_start(): Cannot send session cookie
session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter

I checked my browser, Safari, and it is set to accept cookies.

... meanwhile, I tried a different record to see if I would get the same error with inputing text into a "Edit Text Area" field on a different record. I could not duplicate the error on a different record. The record that had the problem has a lot of the data fields filled in with image uploads, audio, a pdf and text.

Is there a limit to how much data any one record can hold or limit to amount of text the "Edit Text Area" fields can hold in total? When I use a record that doesn't have a lot of the fields entered with data, and input several paragraphs into a "Edit Text Area" field, all works fine. The problem only occurs on the record of one specific test user that has a lot of data. There is also a lot of curser beach ball spinning on that same record. Everything is very slow on it.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #253742 by sylvanr
I got this from my service provider today and wondering if this is the underlying cause of the problem I have been trying to solve?

Hello Sylvan Rogers,

Your website, or a feature of your website, has caused an overload on the web server it resides on. To stop degradation of server performance, we have temporarily suspended n-retrospect.com, but you still have FTP access to work on scripts or files that may be causing this issue. Your consumption of CPU resources are listed below:

2014-11-30 159.66
2014-11-29 79.15
2014-11-28 1.94
2014-11-27 1.80
2014-11-26 3.88
2014-11-25 2.87
2014-11-24 3.96
2014-11-23 2.59

Scripts that possibly perform a server overload:

/hsphere/shared/php53/bin/php-cgi | c262987/n-retrospect.com/index.php (106) cpu_min: 0.92, ram: 3945.18 MB, disk_read: 5.7 MB, disk_write: 0.0 MB.
/hsphere/shared/php53/bin/php-cgi | c262987/n-retrospect.com/administrator/index.php (80) cpu_min: 0.27, ram: 1808.52 MB, disk_read: 0.47 MB, disk_write: 0.0 MB.
/hsphere/shared/bin/modlogan | N/A (1) cpu_min: 0.00, ram: 7.01 MB, disk_read: 0.45 MB, disk_write: 3.5 MB.
/hsphere/shared/php53/bin/php-cgi | c262987/n-retrospect.com/pig.php (1) cpu_min: 0.00, ram: 14.76 MB, disk_read: 0.51 MB, disk_write: 0.0 MB.
/bin/bash | N/A (5) cpu_min: 0.00, ram: 4.94 MB, disk_read: 0.88 MB, disk_write: 4.33 MB.
<span>/</span>usr<span>/</span>bin/quota | c262987/n-retrospect.com/pig.php (1) cpu_min: 0.00, ram: 0.73 MB, disk_read: 0.08 MB, disk_write: 0.0 MB.

Amount of requests | IP Address
1 220.181.108.78
1 66.249.69.214
1 66.249.69.230
1 66.249.75.158
1 66.249.75.190
2 119.63.193.194
2 220.181.108.119
4 207.46.13.100
1026 91.217.144.254
54270 83.98.177.7

In many cases, this issue can be improved or resolved with one or more of the following steps:

1) Make sure all Content Management Systems (WordPress, Joomla, phpBB, etc.) are updated to the latest versions. Also, make sure that your updates and upgrades are compatible with your current software.
2) Disable and remove all unused plugins.
3) Enable caching for the data that rarely changes.
4) Create a good robots.txt AND .htaccess file to reduce the number of bot hits to your website.
5) If you think your website is under attack, you can use your .htaccess file to block suspicious IP addresses. To find these IP’s, go to your Control panel and click on web options and then select the domain you wish to check. Next, click to view the transfer logs. You can also check for malicious IP’s through Webalizer and AWstats.
6) Additional research may be necessary depending on your website applications.

If you don’t want to make changes to your website, you can also consider moving to a Cloud Hosting product. Cloud packages do not share server resources and you can set your own limits based on your website’s needs. Details can be found under our IX Web Hosting brand: www.ixwebhosting.com/cloud-hosting.

Due to the severity of a CPU overload on the server, you must immediately take steps to prevent another overload. If you receive another ticket for CPU overload, we will have to take further action and may permanently suspend service to your account in order to prevent further disruption to other customers on the server.

Until this issue is resolved, your account will have to remain limited so please respond to this ticket stating how you will resolve this matter. Please update this ticket or provide this ticket number to our Live Chat and phone representatives who are available 24/7.

Thank You,
Resource Monitoring Tool

9 years 5 months ago #253831 by krileon
Best I can recommend is contacting your host and working with them. They shouldn't have any issues pinpointing where the slowdown is happening as the above is saying the slowdown is happening inside of Joomla, but nothing beyond that. It could be just a case of your sites demands surpassing your current hosting package.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #253862 by sylvanr
Thanks for your reply, Krileon. It is sometimes hard to differentiate what is a Joomla problem as opposed to a CB problem as opposed to a hosting problem. I am working with my host to work through the problems pertaining to attacks but I am not so sure my problem with the Editor Text Area fields is a hosting problem. It seems very similar to the problem I had, which you helped me resolve, regarding the image uploads.

Since starting this thread, several things have become apparent. The problem does not occur on every record- only the user "sylvan2" that I set up for testing. The problem does not occur with every incidence of a Editor Text Area field in sylvan2 even. Some work fine. It is only specific Editor Text Area fields in the record sylvan2 that leads to the error page when I click the "Update" button. IF you have time and still have my log on credentials and password you used to resolve the image upload problem, I would love for you to take a look.

If you do have time and can, log on with the credentials you had from the image upload problem and then open the front end. Log on to the front end as "sylvan2" with same password as you used for Admin before with the image upload problem. Then click "Write/Edit My Story." Some of the time, only the top of the page will load at this point- the menu, Edit Your Details and Log-in. Sometimes at this point, you have to click the refresh button next to the url for the tabs and fields to load. This is not consistent, though.

Then go to a Editor Text Area fields on either the Teens or Twenties page and paste in several paragraphs of lorem ipsum text. Click "Update" and you should see the problem. It goes to the error page and the text is not saved. For some reason, the Editor Text Area fields on a couple of the other pages work fine with paragraphs of text. You can click through other pages and you will see that paragraphs of text have been saved in other Editor Text Area fields on other pages.

For some reason, it is also the case that if you just type in a word or two like "test," you will not get the problem. If you just type in a word or two to see if that word or two will be saved in an Editor Text Area field on any page, it will work fine. It is only when you paste a couple paragraphs of text into an Editor Text Area field on specific pages does the problem show up.

Very frustrating to pin this down. Any help would be appreciated. Since you resolved the image upload problem so quickly after looking at my backend, I just wonder if the same could be accomplished regarding the Editor Text Area fields?

Thanks, regardless.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn