The page you requested is not available- when updating profile after using Editor Text Area fields

9 years 5 months ago #253906 by krileon
Have reviewed your install again and sushoin was limiting your uploads as well as PHP. I adjusted PHP previously. I've now adjusted sushoin as well. This may improve performance and fix false positive attacks.

This however does not fix your issue. Your issue is a 500 internal server error. The error log stored in FTP is giving no information beyond that. My guess is it's probably something mod_security related or MYSQL related.

There's nothing more I can advise, sorry. You need to work with your host to further debug the issue as it's erroring server side.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sylvanr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254265 by sylvanr
After much back and forth with my hosting service provider trying to troubleshoot this problem, I got this message first:

"So, I have checked error logs for your website in its Web Options section and found the following error:

[Fri Dec 05 03:12:16 2014] [error] [client 91.217.144.253] Premature end of script headers: php53.cgi, referer: n-retrospect.com/index.php/cb-profile-write

I'm forwarding this ticket to our administrators to check the issue for you and found if there is something server related. Please wait for our reply."

I received this response today:

"Let me please inform you that according to the reply of our system administrator, there is no issue with the server at the moment and your account is fully operable. Our support team have tried to enable different PHP settings and versions for your web site application but unfortunately it didn't help. As we have checked this issue is caused by the plugin "Community Builder"...We would like to recommend you to reinstall this plugin or look for another plugin with the same functionality."

I will try re-installing CB and see if that makes a difference.

-- I tried re-installing but didn't seem to make a difference. Using Filezilla, I looked at logs and found the following- The IP address 98.234.78.43 is my own current IP address:

[Sat Dec 06 14:21:57 2014] [error] [client 98.234.78.43] ALERT - configured fileupload limit exceeded - file dropped (attacker '98.234.78.43', file '/hsphere/local<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>c262987/n-retrospect.com/index.php'), referer: n-retrospect.com/index.php/cb-profile-write
[Sat Dec 06 14:21:58 2014] [error] [client 98.234.78.43] Premature end of script headers: php53.cgi, referer: n-retrospect.com/index.php/cb-profile-write
[Sat Dec 06 15:03:14 2014] [error] [client 98.234.78.43] ALERT - configured fileupload limit exceeded - file dropped (attacker '98.234.78.43', file '/hsphere/local<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>c262987/n-retrospect.com/index.php'), referer: n-retrospect.com/index.php/cb-profile-write
[Sat Dec 06 15:03:16 2014] [error] [client 98.234.78.43] Premature end of script headers: php53.cgi, referer: n-retrospect.com/index.php/cb-profile-write
[Sat Dec 06 15:09:38 2014] [error] [client 98.234.78.43] ALERT - configured fileupload limit exceeded - file dropped (attacker '98.234.78.43', file '/hsphere/local<span>/</span>home<span>/</span>c262987/n-retrospect.com/index.php'), referer: n-retrospect.com/index.php/cb-profile-write
[Sat Dec 06 15:09:40 2014] [error] [client 98.234.78.43] Premature end of script headers: php53.cgi, referer: n-retrospect.com/index.php/cb-profile-write

9 years 4 months ago #254295 by sylvanr
Replied by sylvanr on topic PHP Directory Not Set
I continue to try and troubleshoot my CB installation. I finally just deleted the specific Editor Text Area fields that constantly saved to an error page when the user clicked "Update." I also deleted some image fields to see if that might free up more memory if memory is the problem. I deleted some plugins I was no longer using as well. After I did some of these things, everything seemed a little less sluggish and I wasn't getting the error page when Updating after editing the profile. I re0installed JCE which I had disabled while trying to troubleshoot CB. I got this new message at that point:

"PHP Temporary Directory Not Set." There was some info saying that this could affect uploads. I am not sure if that would just be for JCE or would affect CB as well?
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254296 by sylvanr
Replied by sylvanr on topic Video Field doesn't display properly either
When all these problems started, it was right after I had installed some add ons to JCE a while back and so I had totally disabled JCE altogether but it didn't resolve the problem. One other thing that was happening too was that the CB video field and the CB Audio fields were no longer displaying properly. I got side tracked with everything else going on with the Edit Text Area fields that I didn't focus much on the video and audio fields. Maybe all related? Maybe none of it's related?

I had used the video fields to link to youtube.com fields. It worked great initially. Now it just displays a black screen with the words "Download File." The audio field with an audio file uploaded does the same thing- black bar with white lettering saying "Download File." If you click on "Download File" on either video or audio fields, it goes to the first tab of the profile. No file is downloaded.
Attachments:

9 years 4 months ago #254378 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Video Field doesn't display properly either
I don't have a clue what's going on with your install. None of it makes sense. You're having some serious server side configuration issues, which I can not help you with. Video and audio fields are both working fine in our tests and other users are also using them fine except for a minor conflict from CB Progress Field (doesn't cause the issue you're seeing). The download file for audio and video fields only shows if the video can't be played through flash, HTML5, or native browser plugin. So that could happen if you've scripts disabled for your site (press F12 and review the Console tab for any fatal errors).

You may want to consider starting over and taking it slow. You also may want to consider finding a better host. There are clear errors in your server error log that they should be able to see an diagnose. For example you are still getting fileupload limit errors yet I've adjusted the available PHP.ini settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254386 by sylvanr
Replied by sylvanr on topic Video Field doesn't display properly either
Yes, I think you are right about starting over. I'm not sure which specific files to delete on the server to do that? I will look into that today.

I am not opposed to using a different host and am open to suggestions from anyone. Obviously, I need excellent customer service/ technical support #1. Low cost is also important but will pay a little more for for better customer service/ technical support.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.629 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn