CB Connect

9 years 4 months ago #255280 by naboman
CB Connect was created by naboman
Hi.
I have CB connect 5 with CB 1.9
When I try to login using FB button, I get this:
"Syntax error "Field picture specified more than once. This is only possible before version 2.1" at character 41: id,name,email,picture.type(large),picture"

I try installing CB Connect 6, but I get this:
"Plugin version (2.0.4) different from Community Builder version (1.9.1)"

I need a solution without installing CB 2.0, because I have changed a lot of code...

Thx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect
Facebook changed their API. I can not help you with previous releases as they are no longer supported or even functional. For your issue specifically it looks like you're trying to map the users Facebook profile image when it's already mapped by the core. Try removing the profile image field mapping.

Just a warning that not moving forward will result in your plugins quickly falling behind. Especially CB Connect as the social sites API is constantly changing. At some point the plugin will stop working entirely due to the social site API changing. This is especially the case for Facebook in a few months when they stop supporting v1 API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255312 by naboman
Replied by naboman on topic CB Connect
Thx... but I don't understand what to do...

I try changing this:
$fields="array( 'id', 'name', 'email', 'picture.type(large)' );"

for this:
$fields="array( 'id', 'name', 'email');"

But "name" is required when I log in my FB account... I don't understand it...

9 years 4 months ago #255382 by krileon
You're using an out of date release. It is known to no longer function. It no longer functions because Facebook changed their API. You need the latest release or it is not going to work. The latest release requires CB 2.x as it has been completely rewritten to use HybridAuth API library.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #255415 by naboman
Replied by naboman on topic CB Connect
but then... Have I to install all CB plugin again?

I paid a new Advanced Subscription just to solve this issue... Is there any way to solve this without installing CB 2.x?

thx

9 years 4 months ago #255417 by krileon
No, you can not solve this without CB 2.x. The Facebook API has changed. There's nothing I can do about that. CB Connect was rewritten to use HybridAuth API library, which is a centralized API for multiple social sites and uses CB 2.x API. Please see our compatibility chart below.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

Please see the below video tutorial on what to expect when upgrading from CB 1.x to CB 2.x.

CB 2.x is completely free and your subscription already gives you access to latest CB Connect. So it costs you nothing to upgrade except for time to upgrade and double check everything is working as expected. As always be sure you backup your site before doing any major upgrade like installing CB 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn