Notify a user when approval

12 years 3 weeks ago #197474 by ronvix
Notify a user when approval was created by ronvix
Hi all!

Is it possible to send an e-mail to the user who has joined an approval type group when the owner of the group makes the approval?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197530 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Notify a user when approval
You might be able to using CB Auto Actions with the gj_onAfterUpdateUserStatus trigger. Trigger variables as follows.

1: Status (int)
2: GJ User Object
3: GJ Group Object
4: GJ Category Object
5: CB User Object
6: GJ Plugin Object

Aside from that there's no notification for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197546 by ronvix
Replied by ronvix on topic Re: Notify a user when approval
I don't find that trigger in the Auto Actions triggers list. Here are my versions:
Joomla 1.5
CB 1.7.1
GJ 2.4
GJ Auto Actions 2.0

On the other hand, could you give me some information or link about trigger variables? I've never worked with them.

Thank you.

12 years 2 weeks ago #197592 by krileon
It's not in CB Auto Actions list, that only contains core triggers. You just add it manually to the input box.

CB 1.7.1
GJ 2.4
GJ Auto Actions 2.0

You're out of date on all 3. Please upgrade to CB 1.8. Then GJ 2.5.1. Then CB Auto Actions 2.4.2.

On the other hand, could you give me some information or link about trigger variables? I've never worked with them.

It's all directly in the descriptions of the inputs, but your version doesn't support them

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 weeks ago #197966 by ronvix
Replied by ronvix on topic Re: Notify a user when approval
I upgraded to CB 1.8. - GJ 2.5.1 and CB Auto Actions 2.4.2 but still don't understand what you mean.
I created a new Auto Action:
Type: Email
Triggers: gj_onAfterUpdateUserStatus
User: Automatic
Access: All Registered Users
To: [email]
Subject: Mysubject
Body: Mybody
Mode: HTML

There are no more required fields and I don't know what the triggers variables you told me are.

12 years 2 weeks ago #197977 by krileon
The auto action seams correct, what's the problem exactly? Is it not working?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn