Notify a user when approval

12 years 1 week ago #198363 by ronvix
Replied by ronvix on topic Re: Notify a user when approval
Hi Krileon,
Can you see all the thread or only this post?
Back to my first post: the question is "Is it possible to send an e-mail to the user who has joined an approval type group when the owner of the group makes the approval?"

You told me: "You might be able to using CB Auto Actions with the gj_onAfterUpdateUserStatus trigger."

I upgraded to CB 1.8. - GJ 2.5.1 and CB Auto Actions 2.4.2 .
I created a new Auto Action:
Type: Email
Triggers: gj_onAfterUpdateUserStatus
User: Automatic
Access: All Registered Users
To: [email]
Subject: Mysubject
Body: Mybody
Mode: HTML

But it doesn't work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago #198461 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Notify a user when approval
Don't know what to tell you. The trigger used is gj_onAfterUpdateUserStatus. I've confirmed it fires just fine. Maybe try ensuring the CB Auto Actions plugin is ordered after GJ in CB > Plugin Management to ensure GJ loads before CB Auto Actions does.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 week ago #198510 by ronvix
The plugins order is correct. I tried some combinations and finally it worked! The problem was the "Access" parameter. The auto action only worked with "Everybody". I tried with "All Registered Users", "Registered" and "All Registered User"+"All Moderators" but they don't work. Only "Everybody" works.
Solved but, any idea why?

Thanks, Krileon.

12 years 1 week ago #198543 by krileon
It's possible Automatic is not finding the user object properly. You can try forcing the user variable as it's Variable 5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 week ago #198616 by ronvix
Yes, that works, forcing the user variable as it's Variable 5, setting User parameter to "All Registered User" and the email is sent. But there is another problem. I wrote a fixed email address (without substitutions) as the "To" parameter in the auto action and it works, but if I try to use [email] substitution it doesn't work as I expected. That's what I found when I put these substitutions in the "Body" parameter:
Var 1: [var1_email]
Var 2: [var2_email]
Var 3: [var3_email]
Var 4: [var4_email]
Var 5: ronvix@mixmail.com (the moderator address)
Var 6: [var6_email]

As you can see, only var5 email substitution works but I get the moderator data. So I can not send the e-mail to the user that has been approved. If I choose "User" as the "User" parameter, I get moderator data too for [email] substitution.
Any idea about how to obtain the approved user e-mail?

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #198662 by krileon
The user object is the object of the user triggering the trigger. So it's always going to be the moderator.

Any idea about how to obtain the approved user e-mail?

You can't, it doesn't contain it.

Looks like what you're wanting can't be done without a trigger based plugin to fully utilize the trigger.

Will look into adding a new variable to the trigger so it contains the CB user object of the GJ user for next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.806 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn