Need help with translating a few GJ strings

12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #197633 by AlexSmirnov
Replied by AlexSmirnov on topic Re: Need help with translating a few GJ strings
So far so good ;)

I can now see the GJ "Category Overview" page in my sandbox but there is no "Overview messaging" menu link present, I am afraid. Should it display there by default or do I have to tweak any settings in GJ admin?

Please have a look at my screenshot:

Have a nice weekend.

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 weeks ago #198043 by AlexSmirnov
Any response, Kyle?

Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

12 years 2 weeks ago #198048 by krileon
Only site administrators can use Overview Messaging.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexSmirnov

12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #198083 by AlexSmirnov
Thanks, Kyle.

After I logged in as a super admin, as you suggested, I managed to see how messaging from the "Category Overview" page happens. Now the "overveiw" bit in the 424 'Select editor for overview messaging.' string is clear to me.

Speaking about the "messaging", could you elaborate what sort of messages get sent out to category and group owners and users? And where can those messages be found?

I've played with sending out messages to those respective groups of GJ users but for the life of me can not locate them (the messages). Could you please clarify it for me?

Regards,

Alex

12 years 2 weeks ago #198087 by krileon

Speaking about the "messaging", could you elaborate what sort of messages get sent out to category and group owners and users? And where can those messages be found?

It sends whatever you want it to send. Click the link and you're presented with a page to supply a message of whatever you want. It'll then send to the user as either a PM or an Email or maybe even both depending on what you've configured notifications to send as within GJ configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 weeks ago #198095 by AlexSmirnov
Does "Category messaging" send messages to owners of categories only or to their mods and admins as well?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn