problems with cb image gallery

9 years 1 day ago - 8 years 11 months ago #263081 by michaelgreen252
problems with cb image gallery was created by michaelgreen252
hello, for some strange reason i cannot edit the parameters of the image gallery tab..for example
1. I cannot hide/show (music/video/file/photos options)via plugin parameters
2. If i change the acl priveleges via plugin ..for example set video and photo create rights to special...my basic registered user can still upload photos/video
3. If i disable the display of for example...disable video/file from cb gallery tab it will display after i set them to no

I have figured what was causing an issue with controlling the gallery parameters.....
4. I have the cb profile gallery parameter set to enable in side of the activity plugin and it will not post any updates for as parameter is set to display...the activity does show other feeds like profile updates, logins ect..
5..Just refreshing the profile page after making a wall post will generate a duplicate entry in the activity tab/module...so i have basically refreshed the page three times and the activity tab/module will display the post i just made 3 times in a row..but it only displays once on the wall.
6. Not sure if this is related but i have another open forum post where im having an issue with the audio field now allowing mp3 file format uploads..but the mp3 file uploads perfectly in the gallery tab.
7. Clicking play on a video in list column will play for 2 seconds then automatically redirect to the users profile...can i prevent the redirect?

I am currently on the latest version of joomla 3 and working on a clean server in which cb is the only software that i have installed so far. Any ideas whats wrong? thanks
The topic has been locked.
8 years 11 months ago #263108 by michaelgreen252
I believe for issues 1,2,3 i was using one of the gallery tabs to display file/audio/video/images in the same tab and then the plugins parameters would not control the acl but when i shown only music in the music tab and video in the video tab..ect then acl was working along with the ability to show and hide the other file/audio/video/photo tabs which i was not able to when i set one to display all..

I still need help with the following topics and thanks..

4. I have the cb profile gallery parameter set to enabled in side of the activity plugin and for some reason the activity tab/module will not post any updates for gallery entries...are gallery entries supported as an entry in the activity feed as displayed in the parameters in the activity feed plugin?...the activity does show other feeds like profile updates, logins ect..
5..Just refreshing the profile page after making a wall post will generate a duplicate entry in the activity tab/module...so i have basically refreshed the page three times and the activity tab/module will display the post i just made 3 times in a row..but it only displays once on the wall...any ideas how to prevent multiple posts to activity wall?.
6. Not sure if this is related but i have another open forum post where im having an issue with the audio field now allowing mp3 file format uploads..but the mp3 file uploads perfectly in the gallery tab..i really would like to be able to display mp3 via field if possible.
7. Clicking play on a video in list column will play for 2 seconds then automatically redirect to the users profile...can i prevent the redirect and just play the video?
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #263123 by krileon

1. I cannot hide/show (music/video/file/photos options)via plugin parameters

They're not disabled/enabled in plugin parameters. They're disabled/enabled in the individual tabs.

2. If i change the acl priveleges via plugin ..for example set video and photo create rights to special...my basic registered user can still upload photos/video

CB Moderators are exempt from that parameter. Please navigate to CB > Configuration > Moderation and ensure all of your users are not set to be moderators by mistake. The moderator view access level should be something strict like administrators or super users.

3. If i disable the display of for example...disable video/file from cb gallery tab it will display after i set them to no

There is a tab per gallery. Each gallery tab can display all of the galleries. You need to configure them individually as necessary. If you want all the galleries under a single tab then disable all the tabs except 1 then in that 1 tab enable the other gallery displays. Aside from that I don't understand your issue, sorry.

I believe for issues 1,2,3 i was using one of the gallery tabs to display file/audio/video/images in the same tab and then the plugins parameters would not control the acl but when i shown only music in the music tab and video in the video tab..ect then acl was working along with the ability to show and hide the other file/audio/video/photo tabs which i was not able to when i set one to display all..

All of the tab parameters are tab by tab specific. If you set all of them to display under 1 tab then you control all of their parameters under that 1 tab. You don't control Files exclusively on the Files tab. There are parameters for each gallery under each tab. The ACL is not tab specific. It's global and affects all of the tabs so it doesn't matter if you use a single tab or multiple; it's all the same code.

4. I have the cb profile gallery parameter set to enabled in side of the activity plugin and for some reason the activity tab/module will not post any updates for gallery entries...are gallery entries supported as an entry in the activity feed as displayed in the parameters in the activity feed plugin?...the activity does show other feeds like profile updates, logins ect..

CB Gallery does not work with CB Activity. CB Activity is currently being rewritten.

5..Just refreshing the profile page after making a wall post will generate a duplicate entry in the activity tab/module...so i have basically refreshed the page three times and the activity tab/module will display the post i just made 3 times in a row..but it only displays once on the wall...any ideas how to prevent multiple posts to activity wall?.

I don't know what activity you're referring to. CB Gallery does not integrate with CB Activity at this time. It has no activity logging feature. If you mean CB Profile Gallery then I suppose that could be a bug in that plugin, which is officially replaced by CB Gallery.

6. Not sure if this is related but i have another open forum post where im having an issue with the audio field now allowing mp3 file format uploads..but the mp3 file uploads perfectly in the gallery tab..i really would like to be able to display mp3 via field if possible.

That was referring to a bug with the audio field and not CB Gallery. The audio field is fixed in next CB release.

7. Clicking play on a video in list column will play for 2 seconds then automatically redirect to the users profile...can i prevent the redirect and just play the video?

That'd be a bug in the video field and has nothing to do with CB Gallery. I've added a bug ticket for this as follows.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5254

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 11 months ago #263153 by michaelgreen252
Hey thanks i will try the nightly version to see if it is working...
Heres what i was referring to when i said cb activity was reposting the activity on page refresh listed as #5 in my previous post...

If my member makes a post on their wall or makes a post on another members wall...for some reason if i refresh the page instead of just leaving that page and going to another webpage..the activity tab/module will display a duplicate activity feed for that wall post..if i do it 5 times it will show the same wall post 5 times. please see the image attachment. any idea how to resolve this?
thanks
Attachments:
8 years 11 months ago #263154 by michaelgreen252
also im having some trouble with the buttons and having a hart time locating all of the css code....its obviously a setting with my own template but i cannot seem to find the correct css to override the button after hover/hover click..and button.success is not working
Do you have any suggestions so that i dont have to spend too much more time digging..thanks

Attachments:
8 years 11 months ago #263159 by krileon

Heres what i was referring to when i said cb activity was reposting the activity on page refresh listed as #5 in my previous post..

That's because CB ProfileBook posts to its self, which is the profile page. It has no specific triggers for it to act on so it has to act on a profile view trigger and get its information from that. Refreshing the page will result in the form posting again, which results in the activity storing again. There's no fix for this as CB ProfileBook just lacks the triggers to properly handle this. This won't be an issue with CB Activity rewrite as it won't be logging activity at all and instead plugins will need to use CB Activity API to log activity.

also im having some trouble with the buttons and having a hart time locating all of the css code....its obviously a setting with my own template but i cannot seem to find the correct css to override the button after hover/hover click..and button.success is not working
Do you have any suggestions so that i dont have to spend too much more time digging..thanks

Your Joomla template is styling button inputs. Contact the developer of your template or right click and inspect element in Chrome or Firefox to review the button CSS.

Please avoid putting so many issues into 1 topic. This is getting significantly more and more off topic and making it difficult to follow your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn