problems with cb image gallery

9 years 1 week ago #263186 by michaelgreen252
ok, ill try to itemize my issues a little better in the future and as for the button issue, i made the template and found the correct tags..was just asking you for a lead as to cbs button tags instead of my globals..but i fixed it thanks..

1..i was referring to the actual cb wall and not the profile book as i mentioned..so are you saying that the cb wall is part of the profile book plugin and there will be a fix to this issue soon in an update..because it is an issue..if so is there an eta?... becuase i kinda planned on using the activity module fairly soon.

2.id like to use the video fields to play without redirecting as well is there an eta on that bug fix?

3.and definately would like to report on gallery updates as you mentioned will be done in the log in a later version so is there an eta on that as well?
thanks
The topic has been locked.
9 years 1 week ago #263231 by krileon

1..i was referring to the actual cb wall and not the profile book as i mentioned..so are you saying that the cb wall is part of the profile book plugin and there will be a fix to this issue soon in an update..because it is an issue..if so is there an eta?... becuase i kinda planned on using the activity module fairly soon.

CB Activity is not a part of CB ProfileBook. The current release of CB Activity acts on CB triggers t add activity. It's acting on the profile display trigger in the case of CB ProfileBook, because CB ProfileBook has no triggers to act on. It's then detecting the POST of CB ProfileBook and logging activity for it. This is why refreshing the page duplicates the activity. There is no fix for this in the current release of CB Activity. With the rewrite of CB Activity it will not longer be logging activity at all and plugins will be upgraded to utilize CB Activity API to log activity so this can't be an issue ever again.

2.id like to use the video fields to play without redirecting as well is there an eta on that bug fix?

It's a bug with their userlist display. I've already created a bug ticket to investigate further. There is no fix at this time.

3.and definately would like to report on gallery updates as you mentioned will be done in the log in a later version so is there an eta on that as well?

CB Gallery will log CB Activity once the rewrite of CB Activity has reached stable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 1 week ago #263242 by michaelgreen252
Eta? Eta eta? When next year...next month? Time frame please.
9 years 1 week ago #263246 by krileon

Eta? Eta eta? When next year...next month? Time frame please.

We do not provide release dates. We are currently preparing 2.0.8 with some final tickets and once released CB Activity 3.0.0 RC1 will be released. RC2 will follow it. then stable. Once stable is out CB Gallery will be upgraded to log activity. There maybe a 2.0.9 before going stable as we need some additional API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 1 week ago #263253 by michaelgreen252
Really..you dont give time frames..the extraordinarily priced membership you guys just sold me is time frame based..which was fine if it worked. So......while im in my refund period for my very expensive developer membership which i cant really use....on other words how many months of my subscription are you going to waste? I do not mind being patient but i cant tell my client whenever for this much money. Would u guys extend my membership starting from the point that you have working software? Or once again...weeks, months?
9 years 1 week ago #263257 by krileon
I don't even know what your issue is. You've mixed a dozen problems into this topic so I can't even know what bug has gotten you so upset. If you can be more specific as to exactly what you're needing fixed now then maybe I can suggest a possible quickfix, but like I explained earlier your topic has caused a lot of confusion because of the multiple issues.

If you're waiting for CB Activity 3.0.0 RC1 then it needs CB 2.0.8 for it to even function. Even then it's just an RC release for testing and feedback. It will not log activity until it has reached stable and the API for that is finalized and can be used by other plugins. Once it's stable I can implement that API into various plugins like CB Gallery so it can log activity.

As for the videos in userlist issue that'll be fixed in CB 2.0.8. I'm actually investigating that issue now. You can probably try a quickfix of the below using the Parameters > Layouts > Userlist Value Layout to see if the userlist click jQuery will ignore the video element.

Userlist Value Layout:
<div class="cbClicksInside">[value]</div>

I'm sorry for the wait. I'm just as frustrated as you. I'm working as quickly and as efficiently as I can. There's only so much I can do in a day. Asking me for an ETA just isn't realistic. This is programming. ETA doesn't exist in programming. Random issues come up. Bugs we didn't see before come up. There's a long list of reasons why programming becomes delayed and I'd rather tell you no ETA than have to move the ETA 4-5 times.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn