Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #249271 by krileon

imaaxx wrote: Hello,

We have just upgraded our test site from RC2 to RC3 and all went well, we did notice that with firefox the configuration icon images do not render and as well we have issues with the new yes/no button as they display as both on?

In Chrome everything is visible and working including the icon images and yes/no options, so something is up firefox.

Great job on the new RC3!
Alan

You probably have a browser cache issue. Try refreshing without cache using Ctrl + F5.

giorgionasis wrote: hi beat,

i added the line in the file and i have all of this

We were able to find and fix this issue for next build. Thank you for your findings as it helped track down the issue.

pepperstreet wrote: Currently I have no access to RC… but I could imagine some other solutions for the menu items/tabs. Also posted a similar comment to "Nant's" responsive backend screens i.e. floating tabs
IMHO, the backend tabs should appear with 100% width (in a stacking order). If not possible by pure CSS/mediaquery..., there are some other related projects and interesting solutions:

Could also fit in frontend profile menu.

The implementation has nothing to do with responsive design. On mobile they collapse under a single dropdown menu like Joomla does for its menus when using that position. What was implement is if you put say 20 tabs in that position there is not enough room for 20 tabs to display (on desktop display). So what it does is it automatically displays a left/right scrolling feature to scroll through those tabs instead of just overflowing them off and not being able to reach them. Normally you should just put some of them as Nested (you can do this on a tab by tab basis now), but we're not forcing that.

We're also not going to stack tabs on mobile as that's wasted space when 2 tabs can fit next to each other then they should. If you want them stacked you can use a little CSS to add that though, but it's not planned to change.

jojo12 wrote: Not nice:
I have my contactinfos with 1 line with title.
but there's no space between title and info. and when title is longer it overlaps (see image)
EDIT:
I append an other one

I append an edit profile chaos too

In profile view I can order it with a html field, but in registration and profile edit it's really caotic.

Disable non-core plugins and try refreshing your browser without cache to see if everything is displaying fine. Also ensure you're using the Default profile template as none of our other templates are CB 2.0 compatible (note the new default is Bootstrap driven so you do not need CB Bootstrap).

giorgionasis wrote: hi,

install over cb 1.9.1 on a joomla 2.5.24 version. when trying to update canvas photo or portrait photo no action by clicking update. cancel button works fine. i have no errors through inspect element and having turned on debug system at maximum level i also have nothing.

also trying to change "name" of contact info a have a system message
"Duplicate entry '0-764' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO e4q1j_comprofiler_members VALUES(0"
but the name changed succesfully.

Looks like you've a duplicate entry in your CB Connections database table. That shouldn't really matter for profile edit though unless you've some sort of plugin acting on profile update and making changes to _comprofiler_members.

giorgionasis wrote: also i have noticed that nowhere there is a "back" button but only the "cancel". the concept is that it has been replaced??

The cancel button goes back to profile. It cancels the profile edit.

giorgionasis wrote: and the last one
i run the synchronize user and i have
"Removing 2 entries from Community Builder missing in users Table.
User not found. User not found.
Joomla User Table and Joomla Community Builder User Table now in sync!"
and then i run "check users database" and have this one:
"Checking Users Database:
Warning: 2 entries in Community Builder comprofiler table without corresponding user table rows.
Following comprofiler id: 768, 780 are missing in user table
This one can be fixed using menu Components / Community Builder / tools and then click "Synchronize users".
All users table rows have links to comprofiler table.
users table has no zero id row.
comprofiler table has no zero id row.
All rows in comprofiler table have user_id columns identical to id columns.
All users table rows have ACL entries in user_usergroup_map table.
All ACL user_usergroup_map table rows have corresponding entries in users table."

i have done this about times.note that i have k2 installed and intergrate with CB

best regards

You have users that exist in _users, but not in _comprofiler or vise verse. The sync tool corrects this by creating them in CB as needed or deleting them from CB as needed.

jojo12 wrote: Strange when ajax core field enabled, the normally circle bordered avatar image is quadratic bordered.

That plugin is not compatible. It heavily modifies field output and what it modifies it to is not CB 2.0 compatible.

Everyone, please understand you may have incompatibilities with plugins. If you run into an issue please immediately disable any non-core plugins and redo your test. If the issue does not persists then enable plugins 1 by 1 until it comes back. This will go a long way to help us figure out what plugins are causing problems so we can prioritize their releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #249277 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: giorgionasis

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #249279 by jojo12
installed nightly build over RC3 on J2.5.25 (earlier 1.9.1). installation ok
with antispam there's now the captcha visible on Registration.

have disabled all plugins with !.

The view in Registration remains caotic. The first fields are ok (Firstname lastname email, nickname, password, Terms and Conditions, Captcha,

then starts bad.

will try now with antispam disabled.

EDIT:
I disabled antispam too, cleared the cache, but the chaos persists after terms and conditions.

I have the default template, no other template installed.

EDIT2:
Ah, I found there's a problem with my joomla template t3.
with original beez 5 the chaos is not yet there!
Sorry

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #249288 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released
hallo!

thank you for the new package!the problem to enter the plugins is gone!
but the layout of the user stats has been broken

additionally, still i cannot upadate canvas photo or portrait photo. at first clicking on update i thaught thas nothing was happening. Later i understand that i should verify the password on the tab of contact info. THIS IS REALLY NO CONVIENIENT AT ALL. i mean a user is not easy to get it immediately. anyway by verifying the password i was able to change the "name" with this error

Duplicate entry '0-764' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO e4q1j_comprofiler_members VALUES(0

still the canvas photo and portrait are not updating

Attachments:

9 years 7 months ago #249297 by Madan
Hi fellows!

I have a bunch of questions.

1. My site is heavily dependent on the conditional plugin, but it doesn't work with RC3. Will it work with the stable CB2.0 release?

2. Latest GroupJive seems to work fine with RC3 but is still labelled with an exclamation mark in the CB plugin list. Will there be a new GJ version released specifically for CB2.0?

3. I'm using bootstrap template with CB RC3 modules (Coolness as standard template) and with two column view. I still get some visual problems; view and connection counters aren't transparent, the 'more' button looks odd with the stripes and text getting mixed up (see attached picture). Also, when the hidden tabs are made visible by mouseover they also get mixed up with the background, in my case the 'user status' tab (see attached image no.2). I'd also like to know if there's a way to make the profile picture circular (as in your examples) without tinkering with the css.

Finally; you've done a great job with the new CB. It already looks fantastic!

Have a nice sunday folks!
Attachments:

9 years 7 months ago #249310 by nant

Madan wrote: Hi fellows!

I have a bunch of questions.

I will address as best I can and Kyle will follow-up latest if needed.

1. My site is heavily dependent on the conditional plugin, but it doesn't work with RC3. Will it work with the stable CB2.0 release?

See announcement article this thread is based on. It discusses our plan for CB 2.0 compatible plugins.

2. Latest GroupJive seems to work fine with RC3 but is still labelled with an exclamation mark in the CB plugin list. Will there be a new GJ version released specifically for CB2.0?

Yup, my tests also seem ok - so it looks like current GroupJive release works ok with CB 2.0 RC3+. The incompatibility icon will remain until the next groupjive release.

3. I'm using bootstrap template with CB RC3 modules (Coolness as standard template) and with two column view. I still get some visual problems; view and connection counters aren't transparent, the 'more' button looks odd with the stripes and text getting mixed up (see attached picture). Also, when the hidden tabs are made visible by mouseover they also get mixed up with the background, in my case the 'user status' tab (see attached image no.2). I'd also like to know if there's a way to make the profile picture circular (as in your examples) without tinkering with the css.

Good question - I am not sure if we will need to update the templates.

Please try switching to the CB 2.0 RC3+ default template (instead for your Coolness one) and give feedback on how that combination works/looks.

Finally; you've done a great job with the new CB. It already looks fantastic!

Have a nice sunday folks!

Great!

Thank you for your testing feedback!

The more real testing and coverage provided by our members the quicker we go to stable.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn