Joomla 1.5 beta released - CB 1.0.2 pre-announcement

17 years 6 months ago #24734 by Flipsider
please tell me how I could upgrade 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 without fields/plugins/tabs loss.

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #24737 by mikko
the upgrade includes instructions for this

mikko

17 years 6 months ago #24745 by dsendecki

But we achieved something today which made us very happy, and will make most of you and your users also happy... weee...CB 1.0.2 flies

Am I to understand that CB 1,02 might offer an increase in speed? :blink: Sweet, if true!

17 years 6 months ago #24769 by cecgodoy
CB 1.0.2 will be fully compatible to Joomla 1.0.11, no?

17 years 6 months ago #24773 by dsendecki
My understanding (with 99% certainty) is that it will support both Joomla 1.0.X and 1.5...

17 years 6 months ago #24775 by roverradio
Speed should increase. We have a very large, active install with lots of simultaneous users (can reach over 1,000 online at once). Beat's been working with us and Rochen (our host and Joomla.org host) to solve performance problems, which will no doubt translate into 1.0.2 and future CB versions. We've seen a lot of improvement so far!

I've been meaning to bring up an idea to Beat, but figured I'd float it here. Part of the problem is plugins and modules which are poorly or inefficiently written. Most of the time this doesn't get noticed on sites with lower traffic levels, but it can absolutely kill high-traffic sites (even with very high performance servers).

It would be nice to have a sort of "CB certification" program for plugins and modules. Reviewed by development team sort of thing, like a seal of approval, which would weed out poorly written addons. Of course you could still install whatever you'd like (certified or not), but you'd know that the ones that are CB Certified won't drag you down. This would be fantastic with Joomla addons, but I doubt it would ever get there because of the massive amount of addons.

Post edited by: roverradio, at: 2006/11/16 00:58

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn