Joomla 1.5 beta released - CB 1.0.2 pre-announcement

17 years 5 months ago #25216 by beat
All looks good for tonight, as seen from now: zero known bugs left ! :)

Waiting for final bug-fix confirmations and non-regression tests on build 7 (!) (just sent to testteam) to release.

Build 6 had some warnings left over in Eastern Europe charsets, resulting from PHP-interpreter bug workaround fix, now fixed.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #25220 by dsendecki
Woooohooooo!

Close all the windows so bugs don't fly in!

Congrats Beat, Trail, Nant, Joe, and everybody!

Revvin' up my server for the install tonight!

17 years 5 months ago #25230 by beat
Got 3 builds out to testers tonight : 7, 7b and now 7c after 5 bugs got found by testteam and by myself.

Waiting for testers' final tests on build 7c.

In the meanwhile we are running build 7c here on joomlapolis and on a few more busy sites.

As said earlier, 1.0.2 is only a stability, security hardening and performance release, without new features (we are developing them in a separate branch for next major release). So don't hold your breath, you can develop your site with CB 1.0.1, and the update to 1.0.2 will be easy following the README.txt file which comes with it.

So we want it Stable and Secure, so we can concentrate on new features.

Thanks for your understanding.

However, if you have time right now and would like to contribute some of it to test it, and in particular confirm fixes on last bugs fixed, feel free to PM to our Testteam-leader Trail (username Trail).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 5 months ago #25235 by string
beat wrote:

Got 3 builds out to testers tonight : 7, 7b and now 7c after 5 bugs got found by testteam and by myself.

Waiting for testers' final tests on build 7c.

In the meanwhile we are running build 7c here on joomlapolis and on a few more busy sites.

As said earlier, 1.0.2 is only a stability, security hardening and performance release, without new features (we are developing them in a separate branch for next major release). So don't hold your breath, you can develop your site with CB 1.0.1, and the update to 1.0.2 will be easy following the README.txt file which comes with it.

So we want it Stable and Secure, so we can concentrate on new features.

Thanks for your understanding.

However, if you have time right now and would like to contribute some of it to test it, and in particular confirm fixes on last bugs fixed, feel free to PM to our Testteam-leader Trail (username Trail).

Wait... this will be compatible with 1.5 right? That's the only reason I'm waiting for it.

17 years 5 months ago #25241 by Pachat
string wrote:

Wait... this will be compatible with 1.5 right? That's the only reason I'm waiting for it.

The home page stands

We will be releasing CB 1.0.2 maintenance release in the next days, with support for Joomla! 1.5

So, I should'nt be worry about that.
I'm also waiting 1.0.2 only to use it under J!1.5 :whistle:

17 years 5 months ago #25260 by repute
beat wrote:

Done that but get no reply...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn