Memb. plan Expire on Date OTHER than Calend. Yr.

12 years 10 months ago #166150 by tecsmarts
Adding the SQL Action via the phpMyAdmin directly into the table .... WORKED!!!

NO SQL injection error.

All is working GREAT .... All new plans, whether created by an Admin or via the front end system -- all terminate with the appropriate expire date.

But ..... P L E A S E ... complete the feature request for custom dates!!!

Thanks for all your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167187 by krileon
CBSubs 1.2 has implemented more customization for "This calendar..." type dates. Now for example allowing you to select what month "This calendar year" ends on; no longer static to December for example. We're gradually adding more customization to plan durations when possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tecsmarts

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #168515 by tecsmarts
Thanks for the excellent update. 1.2 Nailed the Calendar Year option!

Just one question:

I'm looking for an explanation of the plan option "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" and a more detailed explanation of each choice that is available (with some brief examples, perhaps).

I can't seem to locate it in the new manual for 1.2 --- it just skips from "Grace Period" to "Auto-recurring renewals".

:huh:

Thanks!

12 years 9 months ago #168522 by nant
Yes, the documentation missed this new feature (too many in CBSubs 1.2).

I have already fixed for next version with the following text:

• Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows: [initial value: ‘Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date – whichever happens last (allows free gap)’]
This drop-down parameter field allows you to specify how CBSubs™ should handle renewals of plan and it has the following options:
o ‘Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date – whichever happens last (allows free gap)’
This is the default setting. To understand the mode of operation that this option specifies the following example is provided. If the expiration date of a one year (12 month) plan is 01-02-2011 (February 1st) and the user renews the subscription on 08-02-2011 (one week after the expiration date), then the new expiration date will be 08-02-2012 (exactly 12 months after payment). If the user renews on 15-01-2011 (before expiration), then the new expiration date will be 01-02-2012 (exactly 12 months after normal expiration). Thus there is a gap if user renews after expiration.
o ‘Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)’
Working off the previous example, late renewal will extend the original expiration date by 12 months, so it will be set to 01-02-2012. Early renewal will have the exact same result. This case can be used for club membership use cases.
o ‘Renewal starts at payment date (allows overlap or free gap)’
The option will renew the plan starting at payment date. This means that in our previous example, late renewal will result in a new expiration date of 08-02-2012 and an early renewal action would give a new expiration date of 15-01-2012.
o ‘Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date – whichever happens first (allow overlap but no free gap)’
This option will give an expiration date of 15-01-2012 is renewal payment happens on 15-01-2011 and a renewal date of 01-02-2011 is renewal payment happens on 08-02-2011.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rapunzl

12 years 7 months ago #176770 by tecsmarts
Thanks again for the clearer illustration, however it does not appear to be working.

My client's plan expires October 31st each year. The "Upgrade Possibilities" listed DO NOT reflect the user's ability to buy their subscription for the next year --- see my copy/paste below from the CBSubs tab:

{My client's user name here}'s current and past membership
Active membership Annual Membership
30 October 2010 - 31 October 2011 (valid from now on) Active, expiring on 10/31/2011

Renew Now:

1 November 2010 - 31 October 2011 (valid from now on) for $ 25.00. Unsubscribe Delete

It should say 1 November 2011 - 31 October 2012 .... ?????

It also needs to have the correct dates on the invoices .... Right now they are not.

PLEASE HELP!!! My client is in his membership drive right now and I NEED TO HAVE THIS LOOK/ACT CORRECTLY...

Thanks in advance!

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176775 by tecsmarts
UPDATE >>>>>

The only thing not working correctly seems to be the "Renew" dates on the calendar-based plans.

I've done a workaround.... All my plans calendar-based plans are now non-renewable. Then I copied each plan and created an identical copy except the alias has "renew" at the beginning ... and I changed the duration from calendar year to "1 Year", but kept the "Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap). I also did not allow registrations on my renewal plans.

Voila! .... Problem solved until this "Renew Now" date issue is fixed.

Please let me know when it is fixed nonetheless .... :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn