IPN not working

11 years 1 week ago #224975 by wjgadmin
IPN not working was created by wjgadmin
all of the sudden my IPN is not working from paypal so none of my subscriptions are working properly which is very upsetting as you can imagine.
the only change made was adding an ssl to the site. i have joomla set to force ssl on entire site.
is this causing the issue of the ipns not working? is there a setting that i need to fix? please advise so i can resolve the issue. thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #224996 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic IPN not working
after speaking with paypal i have found that it is an internal server error meaning that cbsubs is not sending the correct information back to paypal (500 error). as i know the ipn script has no issues, could this be due to the https that you helped add to my acct?
paypal said that it could possibly be because all the accounts that were created before adding the ssl would have http attached to it & that may be causing an issue with the return if the https is beging forced. i had both the joomla "entire site" forcing ssl & the cbsubs "force https on cbsubs forms". i have now changed the joomla to "none" and cbsubs to "keep http/https the same".
do you believe this could be the issue? i have never had this happen before.
thank you

11 years 1 week ago #225003 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic IPN not working
If all the payment information, including the IPN URL, stored in PayPal points to HTTP and you are forcing all URLs to HTTPS then yes this could be causing an issue as it's basically a redirect and CBSubs needs the POST information, which is lost on a redirect. Check within your PayPal IPN History and see what the URL is then try and copy/paste to your browser address bar and see what happens when you navigate to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 week ago #225005 by wjgadmin
i did that, it was giving me INVALID
i have looked back at the history & tried to resend the ipn's from paypal & i believe the it fixed the issue. however it has now added an extra month to their subscriptions instead of ending 5/3/13 it set it to 6/3/13 because i had to manually resubscribe them when they emailed & could not access the site.
is there any way to fix this? is there anywhere to edit the actual subscription information?
in paypal the recurring payment appears to still be for 5/3/13 which is correct, but what happens next month when the payment goes thru? will it set it to 7/3/13?
it would be great if i could somehow edit the actual date.
thank you for the support! fingers crossed on this:)

11 years 1 week ago #225013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic IPN not working
As you manually fixed it then forced the IPN to resend you double renewed. You'll need to edit the subscription within CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the id of the subscription under the ID column and fix the dates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 days ago #225076 by wjgadmin
thank you very much for the above information. i have successfully been able to change the dates.
however unfortunately i received another email from paypal at 1am today stating the same thing, the xxxxxx url's are failing.
is there any other reason this could be happening? nothing on the site has changed other than when we added the ssl! i recall you helping me with that so is there anything that you can imagine that could cause this?
i have checked the IPN history in paypal & see that all other payments to my other shopping cart are going thru no problem.
the ones that are not are attached to cbsubs. there were 3 urls sent today that failed & 4 yesterday. the ones from today are the same as yesterday & i believe are from the retrying of paypal ipn.
any thoughts?
thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds