emails not sending

10 years 11 months ago #227055 by wjgadmin
emails not sending was created by wjgadmin
none of my 1st activation emails are sending out for my paid memberships.
i have a free membership that will send the emails as it should with the confirmation etc... but when upgrading or registering for the first time with a new acct it still does not send out the emails for the paid memberships.
please guide me to fix this.
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #227056 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic emails not sending
could this be due to the IP address being used multiple times? i have been testing with the same IP address here is the process i am using, please advise it that could cause the issue:
1. create new user acct with personal email
2. wait for emails
3. delete user acct above
4. recreate the same user acct with same email
5. never receive the emails for paid memberships

could this be due to the IP address being the same? if so should i clear them from the logs? baskets? payments? anything else?
thank you

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #227110 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic emails not sending
Are you sending confirmation/approval emails before or after payment? By default it does so after payment so they wouldn't receive anything until they completely paid; this can be an issue if you're using offline gateway for example. You can edit your plans and on the workflows tab set confirmation and/or approval to be before payment. IP has nothing to do with emails unless your hosts mailserver is doing that on outbound emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #227166 by wjgadmin
hmmm, i have it set to default to send the emails after payment, however when i am testing i am using the auth.net test gateway & i am completing the payment each time so it should still send the email correct?

10 years 11 months ago #227167 by wjgadmin
actually i should note, i am not using the CB confirmation email in any of my plans. i have that field empty & i simply have the [CONFIRM] inside of the email that is supposed to be sent on first activation (the email from within each plan in cbsubs).
so to be clear the email from within each cbsubs plan (first activation) is what i use for confirmation & it is the one that is not sending for the paid plans.

10 years 11 months ago #227171 by wjgadmin
I have tested multiple payment gateways (auth.net & first data). i have also looked into the test account at the actual merchant & can see the payment & that it cleared. the only thing i can imagine is that for SOME reason i am not able to create multiple accounts from my IP address or email (have tested multiple emails also).
possible you could test on your end & set up an acct on our site? then see if you receive the emails on your end (if so something is going on with my ability to create accts). please let me know if you would mind doing this. if so please let me know when you are ready so that i can activate the test payments instead of the live ones so you can make a dummy purchase:-) i can then pm you the information.
thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds