Problem with the Plan - Subscribers User access level settings

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234723 by ricco1
Finally, I'm back in business :silly:

I can confirm that the problem was the deleting of the default user groups.

It was done after watching this guy's webinar:

I've even bought his extension ACL Manager.

Anyway, it's all my fault.

Luckily I have akeeba pro configured to take a backup each day. I started restoring each day backwards until I've found the day I had deleted the default user groups - 27/09/13. Now I'm a few quids short and a week wiser. I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Thank you krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234747 by ricco1
I need your help again please.

I've deleted the following tables from the current DB:

_user_usergroup_map
_usergroups
_users
_viewlevels

and I've imported the same tables from the DB of the backup of my site which was created before I've deleted the default "Registered" group. I did get an error when I was importing the new tables in the current DB with phpMyAdmin, I've attached an image of it.

At first everything started working OK. I've ran the CB tools and it looked all OK. I was able to assign the users to the proper user groups when registering and when subscribing and unsubscribing them.

I did TRUNCATE TABLE for cbsubs history table which was over 250 mb.

Now after the weekend when I logged in in the backend of my site I can only see "Community Builder" and "Paid Subscriptions" menu items like shown in the image I've attached.

Is it better to restore the site and do what you've suggested in the first place:

reviewing a clean installs usergroups table and try to restore the defaults then move your customer usergroups under your custom "Registered" usergroup to be under the default "Registered" usergroup.

I could restore my site to the date before I've deleted the default "Registered" group but if possible I wouldn't wish to loose the work I've done between.

I'm so glad to be a paid member of joomlapolis for a second year, I don't know what I would of do without you
Thank you for your support
Attachments:

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234749 by ricco1
Follow up: I've done the same like before:

deleted the following tables from the current DB:

_user_usergroup_map
_usergroups
_users
_viewlevels

and I've imported the same tables from the DB of the backup of my site which was created before I've deleted the default "Registered" group.

the backend is showing all good and I can work again.

I don't know if I should continue working, could you suggest what to do please.

Best regards

10 years 6 months ago #234774 by krileon
You didn't need to delete anything. You just broke all of your view access level and usergroup relationships.

You only need to insert the old usergroups again as they used completely different IDs then move your new custom groups under Registered.

Carefully review your users and ensure they all have valid usergroups. If you had custom view access levels then you need to review your entire site to ensure nothing is still trying to use them.

The below query would've inserted the default usergroups for you.

INSERT IGNORE INTO `jos_usergroups` (`id`, `parent_id`, `lft`, `rgt`, `title`) VALUES
(1, 0, 1, 22, 'Public'),
(2, 1, 6, 19, 'Registered'),
(3, 2, 7, 14, 'Author'),
(4, 3, 8, 11, 'Editor'),
(5, 4, 9, 10, 'Publisher'),
(6, 1, 2, 5, 'Manager'),
(7, 6, 3, 4, 'Administrator'),
(8, 1, 20, 21, 'Super Users');

If possible, restore back to before you deleted anything. Then just run the above query on your database. Next move your custom usergroups out of your custom Registered usergroup into the default Registered usergroup (has an ID of 2). It should then work fine and you'll have lost no progress or mappings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234791 by ricco1
I've done everything like you've told me. Hopefully it's going to be OK now.

Thank you so much

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn