[SOLVED] Advice on "Exclusive" plans or not?

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #235795 by larbut
I have two plans configured on my site.
A Free Lifetime Plan where all members registering will be added.
The second plan is a Paid 1 year Plan which is an upgrade to the Free Plan.

If a user buys the Paid Plan for a year, the intention is that the user should return to the Free Plan on expiry of the Paid Plan. (unless it is renewed)

The Free Plan is the only available at Registration, to make sure everybody get the Free Plan "as a basis". The Paid Plan is only available as an upgrade after registration.
Is there a way to make the Paid Plan available at registration, while ensuring the user will return to the Free Plan on expiration of the Paid Plan?

Both plans are currently set as Exclusive. But I am not sure why... With the above mentioned intentions (everybody in Free Plan, and Pain Plan expiry returning to Free Plan). Are the Exclusive setting correct?

Attached are images of the setup.

Thank you for any help!

-Lars

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #235878 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Advice on "Exclusive" plans or not?

Is there a way to make the Paid Plan available at registration, while ensuring the user will return to the Free Plan on expiration of the Paid Plan?

Yes, make the free plan exclusive and the paid plan non-exclusive. They can then have both at the same time. Always having the free as it's exclusive (mandatory).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235886 by larbut
Replied by larbut on topic Advice on "Exclusive" plans or not?

krileon wrote:

Yes, make the free plan exclusive and the paid plan non-exclusive. They can then have both at the same time. Always having the free as it's exclusive (mandatory).

Thank you, that seem to work. I also set the Free Plan to be selected by default, and access to Public.

Another question, maybe related:
I can't get the CBSubs Module (CB Subscriptions) to show at all.
It's enabled, Public and given a valid position, but it just doesn't show up.
Any advice on where I should start looking?

-Lars

10 years 6 months ago #236006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Advice on "Exclusive" plans or not?

I can't get the CBSubs Module (CB Subscriptions) to show at all.

This is a known issue. Please see the below for quickfix.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/220624-solved-cb-subscriptions-module-will-not-show#224856

There's also a second known issue with a quickfix as follows.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/217685-failure-in-cb-subscriptions-module?limitstart=0#217701

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larbut

10 years 6 months ago #236013 by larbut
Replied by larbut on topic Advice on "Exclusive" plans or not?
Thank you,
The first fix did it.

All well now :-)

10 years 6 months ago #236061 by kremlinu
Replied by kremlinu on topic Advice on "Exclusive" plans or not?

I think it is mandatory that the paid subscription to be child of the free one.
Otherwise, the user can select only the paid plan (deselecting the free plan) and, after expiration, he will have no subscription. You must have the free plan mandatory and this is the only solution I know - making it parent. Is there another solution?

Web Admin at Arhitecti si Proiectanti www.arhitectisiproiectanti.ro

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn