[SOLVED] INVALID

9 years 1 month ago #260661 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic INVALID
Sounds like the IPN isn't being sent to your site. Do you see an IPN within CBSubs > Notifications? You need to ensure your business account has notifications setup according to our documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260670 by marse7
Replied by marse7 on topic INVALID
I have gone through all the settings, twice. But I will check everything again.

These are the notification settings:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260694 by marse7
Replied by marse7 on topic INVALID
This is just not working and I am lost as to why.

Please tell me how much I need to invest to get some help. I cannot use CB Subs unless I can get this operational. I checked another installation that I used CB Subs on (2.5.x Joomla) and there is nothing in PayPal or the backend that's measurably different.

Again, please tell me if paying for support is necessary.

Mark

P.S. This is the error in the history logs: Paypal: Fraud attempt or Paypal value mismatch detected by Paypal: : Error: return information didn't validate with paypal. Please tell sysadmin to enable IPN and PDT in his Paypal account

But the IPN and PDT are correct AFAIK. I am using a Sandbox though. Could that be an issue?

9 years 1 month ago #260768 by marse7
I'm trying my best to get this resolved. I've done everything asked and gone through the manual twice. I've changed every setting I know. I still get the single word message "Invalid" when PayPal returns to the website.

But PLEASE look at the attachment because I don't think this is something that I"m doing. I'm getting messages that say both IPN Verified and IPN not verified seemingly ON THE SAME TRANSACTION! Is this my misconfiguration, PayPal's or CB Subs. Is it not possible that there is an issue with J 3.4.0? I've encountered a few already that are awaiting an update to 3.4.1.

If no one here is offering help then I'm assuming that I need to pay for help. Although this galls me, I will. Just tell me AT WHAT LEVEL I CAN GET SOME HELP!!!

Joomla 3.4.0, CB 2.0.7, CB Subs 4.0.0-rc.2

Thank you,
Mark
Attachments:

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260773 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and as well as PayPal sandbox credentials and will review your configuration. If you do not want to provide PayPal login that's fine, but I will be unable to ensure the PayPal sandbox is configured correctly.

Please understand you are getting help, but the nature of your issue is what makes this a slow process. We often can not review such issues without PayPal access, which we are reluctant to request so we attempt to guide you through debug steps. If providing such information is not going to be a problem we can review your issue in a more timely manner otherwise I can provide further debug steps after reviewing your CBSubs configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260792 by marse7
PayPal tech support finally called me and I figured out the stupidity (mine) that was causing the issue.

Having never used a sandbox account before, I didn't realize that the credential information in the payment gateway had to be from that sandbox account and that you logged into that account from sandbox.paypal.com. I had no idea that you logged into a sandbox like you do your normal PayPal account and used the PDT, etc. information there. I was using my main PayPal account info including the IPN and PDT. Talk about duh!

The gateway works perfectly now. And I am that less stupid going forward.

Thank you for hanging in there with me. A minor suggestion would be to actually include this information in your (amazing) manual for dimwits like me. And if it's there already and I just missed it, then I'm dumber than I thought.

Again, my thanks -
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds