unexpected automatic emails

9 years 1 month ago #260854 by spletcher
unexpected automatic emails was created by spletcher
I am using Joomla 3.3 and CB 2.0.6 and CB Subs 4.0.0 r.c.1

For some unknown reason, I was creating user lists and putting them on the frontend. In testing, I simply clicked into a user on the userlist to see their profile. Promptly, that particular user received 7 identical emails that contained the "Email at each automatic renewal" contained under the plan he was on.
Can you help me understand what triggered this?
Thanks,

Stan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #260898 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic unexpected automatic emails
You don't have CRON setup or you are not manually triggering emails enough. CBSubs triggers emails, expirations, etc.. by default on user interaction (doesn't matter who) unless you automate it with CRON. My guess is none of this was trigger for so long that the queue built up and eventually was fired with multiple emails in the queue to the user. See CBSubs > Mailer > Automation Settings for CRON URLs or to at least bookmark and execute regularly. Expiration, etc.. triggering can be configured in CBSusb > Settings > Global with the parameters under "Automation settings".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #260904 by spletcher
Replied by spletcher on topic unexpected automatic emails
Kyle,

Super helpful to know.
Is there a way to see the queue and perhaps clean it up. I am willing to setup the cron and use that to prevent this but I'd probably like to clean up the queue in case others have a lot of duplicate emails.

Thanks for this very valuable tip.

Stan

9 years 1 month ago #260970 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic unexpected automatic emails
Yes, the mailer queue is within CBSubs > Mailer > Messages Queue. From there you can send or delete queued messages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #260981 by spletcher
thanks.

Interestingly enough, I looked there and no emails are there.
This makes it a bit confusing how one user could have received 7 emails from the queue and no other users apparently have any in the queue.

Any thoughts?

Stan

9 years 1 month ago #260990 by spletcher
Kyle,

Somehow, this is still not working right as I went into one user to look over their plans and they were automatically sent about 9 copies of the automatic renewal email at the same time despite nothing being in the queue. This has to be a bug of some sort since it seems crazy that it would send out so many.

Stan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn