[#5367] Language issue when install CBSubs 4.0

8 years 10 months ago #265959 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Language issue when install CBSubs 4.0

quantumgravity wrote: OK, guys, I gave you the weekend off!

But this is still as unanswered as it was at the beginning. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry for delay - trying to understand exactly what the issue is.

The presentation of the plan is configured in the plan -> Presentation tab.
Look at the Price display of plan (default: [AUTOMATIC]) parameter.
The tooltip of this parameter gives you alternatives to the default [AUTOMATIC] setting.

See if this helps you.

If not please post back what you tried.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #266033 by quantumgravity
Replied by quantumgravity on topic Language issue when install CBSubs 4.0
Thanks, nant.

I'm down to just the second issue. I installed the latest CB language plugin (not the CB Subs language plugin, which was already the latest) from the forge (the one I was using was a couple months old), and that apparently solved the first problem. I'm not sure why, because they're both CB 2.0 language plugins. But the first string now reads "13 June 2014 - 31 March 2015 Expired 03/31/2015" as it should.

The second problem remains. As you suggested, I tried changing the Price display from [AUTOMATIC} to either [PRICE][FOR][PERIOD] or a non-breaking space character, but it didn't affect the display at all for either string after clearing caches, etc.

Right now, both the back end and the front end still show "Reactivate: $115.00 per calendar year starting UNHANDLED FORMAT IN CBPTxt::Tdate: F j" in the reactivation button. It should say "Reactivate: $115.00 per calendar year starting April 1" It also displays that way in the back end for every available plan in the user's membership tab at the select radio button. The date it's formatting must come from the CBSubs --> Plan --> Pricing tab in the "Start date of calendar year" field, which now reads "04-01".

I think this isn't a language problem but is something else. I'm not sure what to try next on that one or how to diagnose it. CB says that all of my plugins are up to date.

8 years 10 months ago #266357 by quantumgravity
The offending formatting is definitely coming from the CBSubs --> Plan --> Pricing tab in the "Start date of calendar year" field, as I mentioned in the last post. If I change that field to "01-01", the reactivation button will correctly show "Reactivate: $115.00 per calendar year". If I change that field to anything else, it shows "Reactivate: $115.00 per calendar year starting UNHANDLED FORMAT IN CBPTxt::Tdate: F j" in both the front and back ends.

Should I be looking at whatever program formats that field? Again, it was fine in CB Subs 3.0. I really can't make the move to CB 2.0 unless I can figure this one out.

8 years 10 months ago #266451 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language issue when install CBSubs 4.0

If I change that field to anything else

What are you changing it to? It must be a MONTH-DAY 2 digit dash separated value. Do not supply a year and do not supply custom formatting of any kind. It must be MONTH-DAY as the tooltip and the hint text directly next to the input states. For example use 07-01 to have the calendar year start on July 1st.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #266460 by quantumgravity
Hi, Kyle. Yes, that's the format I'm using. Earlier in the thread, I mentioned that the formatting was failing using "04-01", and it works great in CBSubs 3.0. It's the upgrade (perhaps incompletely done on my part if you experience this nowhere else), not the value in the field, that causes the error. However, my post was intended to indicate that that field is definitely where the error occurs, and whatever code is formatting it currently can't do it.

But yes, I've always used MM-DD.

Note: the installation does state that all CB Plugins are properly updated. But something must not be.

Thanks for the help!

8 years 10 months ago #266504 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language issue when install CBSubs 4.0
I'm out of ideas then. I've tested 04-01 and it's working fine here as well. CBSubs doesn't come with an English language plugin anymore as it handles defaults like our other plugins. Before it was required to have the plugin so we had to include it. My guess is an out of date language string somewhere maybe doing it. If you've the English CBSubs language plugin installed uninstall it and see if issue persists. If you're using a custom language plugin then ensure it has up to date language strings as per Transifex below.

www.transifex.com/projects/p/cbsubs/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn