[SOLVED] Access to menu items suddenly denied

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286240 by quantumgravity
[SOLVED] Access to menu items suddenly denied was created by quantumgravity
Help!

No user can any longer log in the front end of the site, which has been working well for years. So far as I know, nothing changed except for upgrading to CB 2.0.15, but I'm not sure that caused it.

The message is:

"Access to this menu item not allowed without Annual Lawyer Membership"

This message is what should be displayed by the CBSubs Content plugin. It is displayed for every plan, even though the plan is active. I've unpublished the CBSubs Content plugin and completely removed any plan restrictions to content. I also gave full access to all ACL groups in CBSubs Settings/Integrations/Content-Extensions/.

What am I missing?

Thank you!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286243 by quantumgravity
Replied by quantumgravity on topic Access to menu items suddenly denied
OK, here's an update.

If I turn off SEF entirely, I can log in. If I turn it back on after I'm logged in, all the SEF links still work. This is new as of two days ago. Can you give me some ideas on where to go from here to solve it? There is no SEF extension installed.

Thanks!

7 years 7 months ago #286259 by quantumgravity
And here's another update. Now, even with SEF turned off and having made no other changes, I can't log in and receive the same message as in the first post. The odd part is that the language is subscription-related.

I've disabled various third-party components, all of which are very widely used, to no effect. I'm really confused by this, and obviously it's a show-stopping problem. When you have time, I'd appreciate any leads you can give me ... maybe you could even jump on and take a look? I clearly need professional help!

7 years 7 months ago #286262 by quantumgravity
Sorry, one more update. But this does narrow it down. I deactivated the "cbpaidsubsbot" Joomla plugin, and now we can log in again. This was after trying every CB Subs setting and plan setting that would freely allow anyone to log in. All the gates are down, as far as I can tell. I'm missing a setting or key functional understanding somewhere. This is a recent phenomenon; it all worked a week ago. We have 10 plans that are all set up the same general way, and the subscriptions that I've been using to log in are all active and have six more months before they expire. We also have allowed free subscriptions and lifetime subscriptions, none of which could log in.

At least I originally posted in the right forum category, I guess.

By the way, caching is completely disabled, not that it matters anymore, and I'm using Joomla 3.6.2, CB 2.0.15 and CBSubs 4.1.0.

If you'd be willing to log in, I have a test site that can be manipulated any way you like.

Thanks, guys.

7 years 7 months ago #286302 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Access to menu items suddenly denied
Edit your "Annual Lawyer Membership" plan within CBSubs > Plans then under Integrations > Extensions ensure you're not protecting the Joomla menu item to CBs profile page or login page. That protect is entirely based off Itemid and you login form is using an Itemid that your plan is protecting. What did you upgrade from to CB 2.0.15?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286313 by quantumgravity
Hi Kyle,

The "Annual Lawyer Membership" verbiage applies to all of our plans and is found in CBSubs/Settings/Display/Plans/"Singular name for subscription/membership".

None of the plans ever restricted access either to the member's profile nor the login page, which is the home page. Further, during testing I did the following:

1. Eliminated ALL menu and content restrictions in CBSubs/Plan/Integrations/Extensions for plans I tested
2. Disabled CBSubsContent and CBSubsFolderAccess
3. Set CBSubs/Settings/Global/Registration Settings/"Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" to "Yes"
4. Set CBSubs/Settings/Integrations/Content-Extensions/"Full access granted for :The following ACL groups have access to all content and extensions, independantly [sic] of plans settings:" to include every ACL Group

...and I STILL couldn't log in until I disabled the "cbpaidsubsbot" Joomla plugin.

I notice that there is an old forum post at the top of the CBSubs forum category that talks about problems with Content restriction in Joomla 3 and allows you to download a patched "cbplug_int_cbsubscontent" CB plugin, but I assume the patch is included in the CBSubs 4.1.0 version of that file, and I had it disabled in any event.

I upgraded from CB 2.0.14 to CB 2.0.15.

It's a very strange problem, but absolutely insistent. You simply can't log in if "cbpaidsubsbot" is enabled.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn