Setting Stripe Descriptions

11 months 5 days ago #333847 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Setting Stripe Descriptions
Hi,
I did receive the following response from Stripe today. Just wanted to provide it to you in case it made any difference. Apologies, just letting you know in case there was a simple solution Stripe provides that we weren't previously aware of :)

Jumping right in, the possible workaround for the process that you wish to implement would be to pass the description of the subscription using the subscription_data.description parameter at the time of creating the checkout session. We have the following API reference that you may check:
stripe.com/docs/api/checkout/sessions/create#create_checkout_session-subscription_data-description
Additionally, to pass the same description to the payment Intent and invoice object, you will need to listen to the payment_intent.created and invoice.created events using webhooks so you can create a logic from your end to update their description:
Finally, for the one-time payment, you may follow the same process that you're implementing, which is by passing it using the payment_intent_data.description parameter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 4 days ago #333848 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Setting Stripe Descriptions

Jumping right in, the possible workaround for the process that you wish to implement would be to pass the description of the subscription using the subscription_data.description parameter at the time of creating the checkout session.

We're already doing this. You can see this in my previous replies.

Additionally, to pass the same description to the payment Intent and invoice object, you will need to listen to the payment_intent.created and invoice.created events using webhooks so you can create a logic from your end to update their description:

This is silly to have to do and we're not going to implement this. Stripe already causes far too many back and forth API calls as is. They simply need to fix their checkout sessions for subscriptions to either allow for payment_intent_data (this is currently not allowed in subscription mode) or pass along the subscription_data description to the invoices (which they are not doing currently for whatever reason).

Finally, for the one-time payment, you may follow the same process that you're implementing, which is by passing it using the payment_intent_data.description parameter.

We're already doing this.

I don't think there's anything more we can do to help here, sorry. Just consider this a limitation of the platform if they don't plan to improve it. Your alternative is when pulling this information into other software you'll need to have it request the subscription object details as well and pull the description from there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjgadmin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn