Registration Error Message

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #234309 by don5420
Registration Error Message was created by don5420
I have enabled the CB Conditional feature to allow for tabbed based registration. There are two steps. Step 1 - The user selects a subscription, Step 2 - The user then fills out their contact information and then clicks register.

The problem I am having is that if the user forgets to select a plan, it allows them to go to step 2 and then click register. This throws the error in a pop-up window "Sorry, Registration is enabled, free registrations are not allowed, but no subscription plan is available for registration. Please contact site administrator." and then takes them back to Step 1. If a user is smart enough, they will figure out they just need to select a plan. Unfortunately, not all users are created equal.

What would be ideal is a message that tells them to select a plan if they go to Step 2. If that isn't possible, then the message when they click register should tell them that they forgot to select a plan.

It would also be ideal if it told them to select a plan before reloading the page. This is because a page reload also blanks the password that they already typed. So not only do they need to select a plan, but they also need to re-enter their password. Also, this creates error logs in the history. Not good to fill up the logs with something that isn't really an error.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #234323 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Error Message
Enable step validation within CB > Plugin Management > CB Conditional > Config > Registration and set "Validate" to "Enable". Not entirely sure this will work with CBSubs though, but it works for standard field validations. What it does is requires the current tab to be validated before going to the next. An alternative is to set one of your plans as Default so it's impossible for them to register without one as one will already be selected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234338 by don5420
Replied by don5420 on topic Registration Error Message
I already have validation turned on, and it doesn't work with cbsubs.

Making one of my plans the 'default' won't work because it hides the others. See my site at www.abca.org

Any other suggestions?

10 years 6 months ago #234339 by krileon
It doesn't work because none of your plans are Exclusive, which is contradictory to your CBSubs configuration. You don't allow free registrations, but you also don't enforce subscribing. Set all of your top level plans as Exclusive and it should work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234341 by don5420
Replied by don5420 on topic Registration Error Message
I cannot make them exclusive. If I do, then my other logic for hiding and showing the other plans and the convention will not work. You are the one that told me to make them not exclusive to fix that issue in another post.

Any other ideas?

10 years 6 months ago #234349 by krileon
Sorry, nothing more to advise. It won't validate their selection unless they're set to Exclusive. Non-Exclusive as basically not required. I suggest try setting them to Exclusive and see if it'll still work ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn