Registration Error Message

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #234656 by don5420
Replied by don5420 on topic Registration Error Message
There is a typo in the language file. It isn't something that I did, I checked my other site to verify.

After the words "Sorry, %s. Please contact site administrator.", there are the "=>" characters. Well, after looking through a bunch of other files for that phrase (like you suggested) to no avail, I took another look at the language file. Looking closely I noticed that the spacing was different. On all of the other phrases there is at least 2 or more spaces or tabs between the end of the phrase and the "=>". On that particular phrase, there was only 1 space/tab. So, I erased the spacing back to the end of the phrase, pressed the tab key twice and saved the file. Now it works just fine.

EDIT: The typo was NOT what I wrote above. After trying to implement this on my live site, I discovered that the typo was actually a period. After the word administrator on the left side of the "=>", there is a missing period at the end of the sentence. That was what was causing it not to work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #234658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Error Message
Good find, thank you. We'll be re-parsing all of CBSubs for next release to regenerate the language files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn