[SOLVED] CBSub Plans not display on public pages

10 years 5 months ago #236942 by LukeDouglas
Replied by LukeDouglas on topic CBSub Plans not display on public pages

krileon wrote: Configuration looks correct. Yet none of your plans are displaying on registration? Please ensure the Subscription tab within CB > Tab Management is enabled, published, and public. Next navigate to CBSubs > Settings > Global ensure "Show subscription plans at registration:" is set to "Yes".

Krileon,

Both were previously set.

Now looking at these settings, does this mean that the 'subscriptions' will not be shown to Public users but only to those who have Registered? I need to display the subscription plans whether the user is logged in or a public user who has never registered.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #236961 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSub Plans not display on public pages
Your configuration looks correct. What is your issue exactly? You should see your plans on your CB registration page perfectly fine. Navigate to one of the two URLs below (add your domain) and you should see your plans.

DOMAIN_HERE/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

DOMAIN_HERE/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #236995 by LukeDouglas
Krileon,

The subscriptions do show up on those links which is fine IF the viewer knows to use those URL's or we provide a link to those pages. However, we want to show the plans in a sidebar on the home page for public view. Similar to this module which is displayed on the Member's Only page when the user is logged in but for users who are not registered.

10 years 5 months ago #237055 by krileon
I see, currently the CBSubs module does not display plans for non-logged in users. For that you'll need to create a custom HTML module and add to it a list of your plans that link to the plans URLs directly, registration, or the all plans page shown above. You can find a plans specific URL within CBSubs > Plans > Your Plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #237082 by LukeDouglas

krileon wrote: I see, currently the CBSubs module does not display plans for non-logged in users.

Krileon,

Bummer. I would consider that to be a 'major' flaw in such a mature application. Here is the reasoning. Community Builder is an application for websites to have online communities but it can also be used to build social 'members only' sections of websites, which is what we are using it for on one site. To require people to join simply to see the options is not reasonable. The viewing public needs to know what are the costs involved with joining a 'members only' section of a website so they can make an 'informed' decision if they want to join and under what subscription level.

So instead of having a module display for membership upgrades, CM developers should put this on the 'add to' list for a module to display 'available' subscriptions which would be viewable by 'public' users.

Luke

10 years 5 months ago #237093 by krileon

To require people to join simply to see the options is not reasonable.

They don't have to. I've explained this multiple times and really don't know what more to tell you. They can view all the plans you have available on the registration page or on the plans page. It's as simple as creating a Joomla External menu link to the plans page that's present on all pages and they can easily click to see what's available. In addition to that you can ensure all aspects of your site are set to Public, protect them with CBSubs, and CBSubs will present a plans registration page when they try to access a membership area.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn