CBSubs expiration date plus multicheckbox tooltips

10 years 5 months ago #237126 by dhphllps
Two questions:

The first is a repeat of a post in CBSubs support a month ago that didn't get a response. In response to Kyle's request for clarification, this is what I wrote:

Sorry for the lack of clarity! Our management wants all subscriptions to end on the last day of the month in which they sign up for a one or three year memberships. So if someone joins on October 17, 2013 for a one year subscription, it would end October 31, 2014. Once the initial expiration date is set, renewals could of course stay on that last day of the month with no further manipulation. The way we're doing it now (with AEC) is that she is manually changing the expiration date of all new members, and if/when we migrate it to CBSubs, it would be nice if it could be done automatically.

J!2.5.16, PHP 5.3.14 CB 1.9, CBSubs 3.0

Second issue:

Is there any way to provide tooltips for individual checkboxes in a multicheckbox field?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #237149 by krileon

The first is a repeat of a post in CBSubs support a month ago that didn't get a response. In response to Kyle's request for clarification, this is what I wrote:

Use By Calendar Year duration and set the calendar year month and day to October 31st. Next ensure you've set "Bonus time before expiry (for calendar-based durations):" to 2-3 Months encase they subscribe too close to end of year. This will give them 2-3 Months of free time and expire next year if they subscribed 2-3 Months before October 31st.

Is there any way to provide tooltips for individual checkboxes in a multicheckbox field?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #237158 by dhphllps
Sorry, I guess I'm still not making myself clear on the expiration issue :-) The subscription periods are for one or three years (not calendar years), but ending on the last day of the month in which they join, whatever month that happens to be. If there's no way to do this automatically, then we'll just have to continue to manually change the expiration dates, as we are now doing in AEC.

Something like $expiry = strtotime('last day of this month + 1 year',time());

It's already set to calculate renewals from the previous expiration date with no free time, so it's only initial subscriptions that need this.

10 years 5 months ago #237186 by krileon
I see, why not just use the 1, 2, 3, etc.. year durations. They expire exactly 1 year from the datetime they subscribed. Is there any particular reason it has to expire exactly at the end of a month? If you want it to expire 1 month after the 1 year duration you can add a 1 month grace period so it won't truly expire until 1 year + 1 month.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #237188 by dhphllps
Mailing lists for our journal are extracted from the database a week or so before the end of the month before the cover date on the issue. It's one of those "we've always done it that way" situations, where the person administering it wants it to work the same way it did when she kept all the membership records in Filemaker Pro. We already have a three month grace period as well.

I don't think it's a big deal, really, since as I said, she's already manually altering the dates now, and it's only needed for the first membership period.

10 years 5 months ago #237196 by krileon
Ok, I can't make much sense of why it's being done that way, but yes for it to behave like that she'll need to keep modifying the expiration dates which I am highly against as it could cause calculation problems if done wrong. At any rate to modify a subscriptions dates CBSubs has a GUI for this within CBSubs > Subscription then click the # under the ID column.

You may want to consider using AcyMailing and the CBSubs AcyMailing plugin for your newsletters. This way newsletter subscribe and unsubscribe can be automated by CBSubs. You won't have to do any manual labor in this regard.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn