CBSubs expiration date plus multicheckbox tooltips

10 years 5 months ago #237201 by dhphllps
That concern about it being done correctly is precisely why I was hoping there was a way to program it in automatically ;-) I'll see if I can convince her to leave the dates as is. This is not an email newsletter we're sending, it's a 128 page printed quarterly professional journal sent to about 3000 members and libraries worldwide. We're using Joomla plus CB and AEC for membership management, but are considering switching from AEC to CBSubs. So far in testing I like it a lot, but I'm trying to determine how much pain the migration will cause ;-)

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #237203 by krileon
AcyMailing newsletters don't have to be scheduled. You can send the newsletter whenever you like and it can contain whatever you like (including attachments). If it's a file someone needs to download (like a PDF) and you don't want to email it you can use DocMAN to automate access to the PDF files through CBSubs (using usegroup assignment or By URL Part protection) to determine access. Anyway, just a few suggestions. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #251608 by chrismoody
I have the same issue where all my clients' membership systems are to make all subscription/renewal dates the last day of the month they initially register. Its an industry standard that can't be changed. I understand how to change the dates manually, so we manage. But, it would be great if there were a new feature in the next version to set that date automatically ;)

I'm all ears if anyone has discovered a solution better than one-at-time manual editing.

9 years 6 months ago #251635 by krileon
This "This calendar month" duration and the subscription will start at the beginning of the month and always end at the end of the month. The same can be done with "This calendar year" then set the year start month and day; it will always properly end at the end of the year based off your start month and day. If you want it to end exactly 1 year from start of subscription you'd use the 1 year duration. There's no way to pad the duration to the end of whatever month they're going to expire in at this time though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #251659 by dhphllps
The ideal for us would be "This calendar month plus one (or three) year(s)." Is there a way to do that with a combination of this calendar month and an sql action?

9 years 6 months ago #251677 by krileon
It's possible to modify the expiration date, but CBSubs will expect plan renewal to occur by monthly. So I'm not sure what kind of issues that's going to cause for renewals. It might be ok since CBSubs will see the plan isn't expired, but you won't be able to use automatic recurring payments at all with plans that you've modified the expiration date of as the gateway will renew monthly automatically regardless of the expiration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.881 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn