Internal Server Error

10 years 2 months ago #242052 by trecpro
Replied by trecpro on topic Internal Server Error
All frontend modules, and the administrator tabs for community builder work fine except for configuration which comes up with the 500 error message.

In the tools tab I ran all of the checks and got the following.

CB Tools: Check CB plugins database: Results

CB plugin "CB GroupJive Events": CB GroupJive Events has no readable xml file /home/XXXXX/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveevents/cbgroupjiveevents.xml

and

CB plugin "CB GroupJive Auto": CB GroupJive Auto has no readable xml file /home/XXXXX/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveauto/cbgroupjiveauto.xml

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #242066 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Internal Server Error
Your tools check is saying you've a CB plugin existing in your database, but its files do not exist on your install. Check within CB > Plugin Management and you'll have plugins that are gray non-clickable.

That won't cause a 500 error though. Where in configuration are you receiving a 500 error? CB Configuration? Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then re-test to expose the error further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #242142 by trecpro

krileon wrote: Your tools check is saying you've a CB plugin existing in your database, but its files do not exist on your install. Check within CB > Plugin Management and you'll have plugins that are gray non-clickable.

Ok The first part makes sense, as I uninstalled everything community builder and reinstalled just the core to try and get it to work. Does uninstalling community builder leave the databases?

krileon wrote: That won't cause a 500 error though. Where in configuration are you receiving a 500 error? CB Configuration? Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then re-test to expose the error further.

I get the error when I go to Components > Community Builder > Configuration

XXXXX.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showconfig&view=showconfig

With maximum error reporting and debug mode I don't get anything other than a server 500 error message. When I set it to Development I get the following.

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /XXXXX/plugins/system/rokdupltemplatefix/rokdupltemplatefix.php on line 23

However that should not impact the configuration page at all, right?

10 years 1 month ago #242172 by krileon

Does uninstalling community builder leave the databases?

Yes, CB does not delete its database tables on uninstall to prevent accidental data loss.

With maximum error reporting and debug mode I don't get anything other than a server 500 error message. When I set it to Development I get the following.

Is that the only thing displayed? As that's just a strict standards warning.

However that should not impact the configuration page at all, right?

Correct, that shouldn't cause any harm. Is there any errors around the time of checking CB config within your hosts error log?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #242193 by trecpro

krileon wrote: Is that the only thing displayed? As that's just a strict standards warning.

How would I check?

Is there any errors around the time of checking CB config within your hosts error log?

Just the errors from my first post on this thread.

File does not exist: <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>XXXXX/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://XXXXXX/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler

File does not exist: <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>XXXXXX/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://XXXXXX/index.php/log-in

10 years 1 month ago #242223 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn