[SOLVED] Language dependent "Pre-filled default value at registration"

10 years 2 months ago #241128 by krileon
Ah, it's not working because _CORR_DEFAULT is not a value of the field. Your field has _FRENCH and _ENGLISH. You can set either of those as the default, but you can't set a default value that doesn't exist in the field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241132 by MacPhotoBiker
I see, that's actually unfortunate.

I wanted to set English as default for English visitors, and French for French visitors. But if I have to select a field from the list, then this can't be done, because it would then always be English in both languages, or French in both languages.

Or could you think of any workaround?

10 years 2 months ago #241135 by krileon
It depends on how you're determining what language they're using. If it's a URL variable you could easily do it using CB Auto Actions using the below usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/224500-solved-url-condition-or-auto-action-for-tabbed-registration

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacPhotoBiker

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241142 by MacPhotoBiker
Hi Kyle,

I'm using the "Language Switcher" module, which does change the URL.

The link you posted looks very much like what I was looking for, thanks a lot. The concept seems very powerful, but it's very different from what I'm doing currently, so I will just finish my "routine work" first, and then look into it.

Thank you very much, you just opened a completely new door for me. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn