BUG: CB User list selection missing from menu item

10 years 2 months ago #241317 by stuntlist
Kyle,

I know that we can use an external link to show the user list that we want, but the problem is that in Joomla 3.x external links don't have a menu alias and I need the user list to have the same menu alias that it had before. This is not just for SEO, but because of custom redirect functionality that the site uses.

We've got a heavily customized site. We're trying to upgrade it so it's no longer on Joomla 1.5, for obvious security reasons.

To wait for CB 2.0 to come out is not a great option because aside from upgrading CB, we would need to wait for you to provide upgrades/updates for

* CB Subs
Plugins, including
* Auto-Actions
* Ajax File
* Etc etc

The reason we're paying for this Developer subscription is to get help with this situation. We've been waiting for months and need a solution that isn't going to take months longer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241321 by krileon

I know that we can use an external link to show the user list that we want, but the problem is that in Joomla 3.x external links don't have a menu alias and I need the user list to have the same menu alias that it had before. This is not just for SEO, but because of custom redirect functionality that the site uses.

I'm sorry, but that's the best I can suggest. I suppose you can modify the links manually in _menus and force them to be component URLs, but Joomla 3.x may have finally picked up on that trick and not allow it anymore.

To wait for CB 2.0 to come out is not a great option because aside from upgrading CB, we would need to wait for you to provide upgrades/updates for

Install CB 1.9, install the CB plugins you want, upgrade to CB 2.0. The plugins should still function, but it's not a guarantee.

The reason we're paying for this Developer subscription is to get help with this situation. We've been waiting for months and need a solution that isn't going to take months longer.

I'm not sure where we have mislead you, but that is not what Developer subscription is about. See our below checklist as to what a Developer subscription provides.
  1. Get social instantly with our single CB Quickstart PRO package
  2. Access to all latest versions of Community Builder including now CB 2.0 beta
  3. Access to the CB Documentation, a 180+ page reference guide for you and your customers
  4. Authorization to remove CB frontend credits for you and your customers
  5. 17 powerful CB Add Ons and the CB GroupJive plugins
  6. 26 amazing CB Incubator Add Ons
  7. Use of our CB Packager to create your own CB + add-ons package
  8. Use of all plugins forever on all your websites!
  9. Maintenance upgrades for all Advanced and Professional plugins
  10. Access to Professional Support Forum with guaranteed response time for all your and your customers' CB websites!
  11. Access to RC and beta releases
  12. Developers support forum
  13. Developer Listing
  14. CBSubs GPL access and devkits for gateway and integration development
  15. Private Support Tickets

If fixing the menu items was a simple fix then I'd have provided you with a quickfix that properly fixes it, but it's not a simple fix. It takes multiple new files, new functions, and core code adjustments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn