BUG: CB User list selection missing from menu item

10 years 2 months ago #241191 by stuntlist
Hi,

Please see this post:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/223061-bug-cb-19-on-joomla-3x-site-user-list

We really need to have the User List menu item be able to select what user list it is to use rather than just defaulting to the default list. This was promised months ago in 1.10, but there hasn't been a 1.10 release. How can we get this functionality?

We are using CB 1.9.1, CB 3.0 & Joomla 3.2.2
PHP 5.3.28
MySQL 5.1.72-cll

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241241 by krileon
It's already fixed in CB 2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #241250 by stuntlist
Hi,

But that doesn't help us. We need to migrate the site to Joomla 3 and can't use CB 2 as we are also using CB Subs and a number of the Dev and Pro plugins. We can't wait for CB 2.0, a new CB Subs and all the plugins to be updated to do the migration.

We need a solutions for CB 1.9.x version.

Can you give us the code to hack to fix the issue for 1.9?

Thank you.

10 years 2 months ago #241259 by krileon
There is no solution for CB 1.9.

Can you give us the code to hack to fix the issue for 1.9?

No, it's not a minor fix. We had to completely implement usage of Joomla view xmls and parsing of view to task properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #241265 by stuntlist
Hi,

Is there going to be a CB 1.10 like Nant said there would be that fixed the problem?

Thank you.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241269 by krileon
No, there is not going to be a 1.10. 1.10 and 2.0 were being worked on in parallel and we got to a point where it made sense to merge them and just go for CB 2.0. This was announced quite some time ago on our frontend and via newsletter.

Temporarily you can use External menu links and provide the URL found at the top of your list while editing it in backend. You'll lose SEO on those lists, but it's a temporary workaround to at least have functional menu items to individual userlists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.996 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn