I removed CB and it is still redirecting to another page

9 years 11 months ago #245601 by krileon
I don't see how CB could possibly cause this. It does not alter ACL or touch existing menu items. Your issue is an authorize check in Joomlas menu core code. It's failing to authorize the Itemid to a view access level, which is your Guest view access level. Setting the menu item to Public you'll see a new error from Joomlas content component as your Home menu item is linking to a Joomla article with Guest view access level. Set it also to Public and your home page shows up again.

You also appear to have Akeeba Backup installed. If you've a backup before the install I recommend trying to restore to it after creating a new backup of your current site and see if that resolves your issue. Aside from that you can look into ACL Manager, which is designed to diagnose ACL issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #245609 by alanorr123
Hi Kyle,

Any progress? If you can't solve it I can bring in an expert. But I really don't want to since it'll cost me a lot. That said I will do it since my customer is understandably very very annoyed that their site has been down for so long. So if you can't see how to fix it please tell me so I can take action to get it working.

thanks

Alan

9 years 11 months ago #245611 by alanorr123
okay, thanks for trying. It was definitely caused by CB. Nothing else was done to the site. It worked before the install and not after the install. Something went wrong at some point. Perhaps it was exacerbated when I uninstalled but I don't see what could have happened. Anyway I'll hire a Joomla expert I know who can solve the issue.

Can't say I'm impressed with CB. This is the second problem I've had with it. It isn't simple to use and seems to cause more problems than the ones it solves. I'm sure lots of people are happy with it but I'm not.

Alan

9 years 11 months ago #245614 by nant

alanorr123 wrote: okay, thanks for trying. It was definitely caused by CB. Nothing else was done to the site. It worked before the install and not after the install. Something went wrong at some point. Perhaps it was exacerbated when I uninstalled but I don't see what could have happened. Anyway I'll hire a Joomla expert I know who can solve the issue.

Can't say I'm impressed with CB. This is the second problem I've had with it. It isn't simple to use and seems to cause more problems than the ones it solves. I'm sure lots of people are happy with it but I'm not.

Alan

Hi again - discussed this with Kyle and I also agree that I cannot see any way this was working before you installed CB.

CB does not touch Joomla permissions.

Most of your menu items are set to Guest Access View level and this is most likely your issue.

I really do not want to make any changes to your client's live site as the changes I would make would be outside of the CB scope (since CB is no longer on your site).

I can suggest that you:

1. MAKE A BACKUP of where you are now. If you had a backup before you installed CB of the working site, then you should just restore it.
2. I would make all content PUBLIC (most of it is set to guest) - this should bring back your site.
3. I would carefully check the Joomla ACL settings and view access levels and then start applying guest access once you are sure of what you want and check that everything works after each change.

Once again CB has nothing to do with this and it should not be blamed as I honestly see no way for CB to cause this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn