Forgot Password not sending email

9 years 9 months ago #247339 by stuntlist
Forgot Password not sending email was created by stuntlist
Hi,

Joomla 3.3.1
CB 1.9.1
CBSubs 3.0.0

Registration emails are working, but when someone uses the Forgot Password function no email is being sent to the user. All that happens is that they get redirected to the home page.

I have done a search and found numerous posts about this problem, but see that it was supposed to be fixed for 1.9.1. On our CB 1.8.1/Joomla 1.5.26 site I had used the Core Joomla Lost Password function and bypassed the CB one to get around this problem. But I read that CB and Joomla are not using different encryption methods for the password, so I gather that this will no longer work?

How can I get emails to go out for the CB lost Password function. This is a live site with hundreds of members using it, so I can't turn on debugging and see what shows up.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #247344 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forgot Password not sending email
Only way to see if there are errors is to enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then test. I recommend cloning your site to a new folder or domain so you can perform tests without affecting your live site. Please note Administrators and Super Administrators can not use forgot login as it's not possible to store such users without being logged in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago #247459 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Forgot Password not sending email
Hi,

Is it true that you can not longer use the Joomla Forgot Password function because it uses different password encryption than CB uses?

Thank you.

9 years 9 months ago #247467 by krileon
Not at all, CB has no password encrypt; it's all done by Joomla. We pass the password to Joomlas API. This is the case for logins, registrations, profile update, etc.. You can use Joomla forgot login and even Joomla login, but I don't recommend it. Not using CBs results in CB triggers not firing and plugins not being informed of what's going on. It basically results in the two going out of sync.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248521 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Forgot Password not sending email
Hi Kyle,

I have duplicated the site for testing the lost password.
I have turned on debugging and maximum error reporting.

I then go to the Forget Password page and the only thing I get are these warnings:
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of getcaptchaTab::getDisplayRegistration() should be compatible with that of cbTabHandler::getDisplayRegistration() in /home/username/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/cb.captcha.php on line 765
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of getGalleryTagsTab::getHeader() should be compatible with that of getGalleryTab::getHeader() in /home/username/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_joomgallery/cb.joomgallerytab.php on line 342
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of getGalleryFavouritesTab::getHeader() should be compatible with that of getGalleryTab::getHeader() in /home/username/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_joomgallery/cb.joomgallerytab.php on line 467
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of getGalleryCommentsTab::getHeader() should be compatible with that of getGalleryTab::getHeader() in /home/username/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_joomgallery/cb.joomgallerytab.php on line 572

I really have no idea what to look for in the debug information.

Could you look at this on test.stuntlist.com. I have been trying the Lost Username function and putting in an invalid email address. When it goes to the home page, there should be an error message in the system message field (<div id="system-message-container"> </div>), but it is blank.

I have confirmed that the template calls: <jdoc:include type="message" />

Thank you.

9 years 8 months ago #248524 by krileon
Those are just strict standard warnings from using PHP 5.4+ and are safe to ignore. You need to request a new password using the forgot login form then see if any errors are output during the redirect. If there is any it should pause the redirect and give you a page with the error (note both debug mode and maximum error reporting need to be configured for this to happen). If still no errors then please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn