[SOLVED] CB auto action 6 breaks compatibility

9 years 6 months ago #250784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB auto action 6 breaks compatibility
You need to completely replace the table as the table structure has changed with latest release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #250814 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB auto action 6 breaks compatibility
Kyle,
It's what I did, took the table from auto action CB 1.9.1 in live site insert it in CB 2.0 test site but reinstalling auto action plugin next in CB 2.0 did not upgrade the table that I replaced.

It seems that all code has been stripped out when upgrading to CB 2.0 with latest release. Only first line is kept, further the code is appended with \n\t everywhere and then unusable.

I had to all manually retype, hope you'll fix this for next update !

9 years 6 months ago #250977 by krileon
It seams to be the code action giving these issues. Did you code have linebreaks in it? I believe this is happening due to the backwards compatible INI string parsing in our params API is looking at the linebreaks as a new INI param, which explains why only the first line of your code is being migrated. If possible could you provide the code of an action that didn't migrate and will test it further to see what could be causing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #250979 by activha
Well it is standard php code with //, tabs, CR and ; everywhere :-)

I have also noticed that every accented character such as
eacute;
broke the transfer of data in all CB fields where it happens

9 years 6 months ago #250988 by krileon
The migration parses the params using our params API then straight 1:1 transfers it as RAW (no processing). So the only reason for the code it self to scramble is something wrong with our backwards compatible INI parsing. Will do some tests and see what I can find.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

9 years 6 months ago #251033 by activha
Do you mean that we can safely update to next version of CB and auto actions now that the migration is complete ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn