CB Activity

9 years 5 days ago #264173 by marketsetc
Replied by marketsetc on topic CB Activity
That's good news, but when I think of all the other social networks I use, when I look at activity on a profile, I expect to see that user's activity. A module, however, might be best to see others' activity.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 days ago #264175 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity
You do see that users activity. I just described that's exactly how it works. Your test user has no activity. So there's nothing to display. Look at your admins profile as your test user and you'll see that admins activity, because they have activity.

Showing your connections activity on your profile for other viewing users makes no sense and isn't how any of the other social site functions unless you have been tagged in the activity or the activity has been posted to your stream directly. Tagging isn't implemented yet, but I'm working on it. Posting to another users stream directly is implemented. To test this go to your test users profile as your admin and post on their wall. Now login as a different test user and you'll see the admins post on your first test users wall.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 days ago #264177 by marketsetc
The way it is implemented currently is awkward.

Consider what I experienced: I viewed a profile and the only thing I saw was the activity of someone who was connected to that profile, which I would care nothing about.

If you allowed users to omit showing connections' activity--unless it was directly entered on that user's activity stream--I bet that would be welcome.

9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #264193 by krileon
If User A visits User B then User A will not see the connection activity of User B. If User B visits his own profile then he will see the activity of himself and his connections. User A will only see the connection activity of User B unless a connection has posted directly on User B stream. This is exactly how Facebook, Google+, etc.. all function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 hours ago #264382 by marketsetc
For my site I would put a user's connections' activities in a module and would reserve the tab solely for the user's own activity.

8 years 11 months ago #264415 by krileon
The module behaves like Recent Activity The tab functions as described above. This behavior is hardcoded in and there are no plans for a parameter to change it. You'd need to modify the core stream code and change how a stream source behaves.

You can also render the profile activity in a module by substituting in the tab using CB Content Module; as it's entirely AJAX driven this should work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds