How to translate the Users label in GroupJive.

8 years 3 months ago #276193 by NicoFaaij
Replied by NicoFaaij on topic How to translate the Users label in GroupJive.
GJ 2.x nightly? I have GJ 3.0.1 installed. Not the nightly on production but I was also thinking the 3.0.1 was the stable (newer) version of the 3.0.1 nightly?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276198 by krileon
The GJ 3.0.1 nightly release has fixes the stable doesn't have. It's recommended to upgrade if you want to remain most up to date. If you're using 3rd party language plugins it could also be an issue with that language plugin being incomplete as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276388 by NicoFaaij
Hi Kyle,

Thanks, I thought nightly release = beta-release. So I thought 3.0.1 is the fully tested 3.0.1 nightly version. I find it a bit confusing that after a stable release you get new releases with exact the same version number. Maybe it is better to call it 3.0.1.1 nightly then?

I don't use third party language but it looks like the GJ language files overwrite my cblanguageoverride-language.php but I cannot get that pluging on the bottom of the plugin list.

Kind regards, Nico

8 years 3 months ago #276403 by krileon
Our nightly releases are not beta releases. We do have beta nightlies sometimes, but they're marked as such. Our nightly releases are nightlies of our stable releases. They typically include minor bug fixes or feature implementations (see our forge for 100% items, those will be in the nightly). In short our nightly, IMO, is more stable than stable. :)

We'll be redoing our filename version format when we launch our new site to be more semver compliant so nightlies will be easier to identify.

GJ comes with its own default language files. If you do not have a language plugin it will load its strings from those defaults. You need a language plugin in order to translate GJ without having to modify the defaults or attempt to use a language override plugin (note this isn't very reliable as due to plugin load order it may not work at all).

See the below and the CB 2.0 Primer Book for language string usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/languages

We do have plans for implementing a backend interface for adding overrides or new language strings in a future CB release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276418 by NicoFaaij
Yes I had read it all, even watch the video (and think I have understand it) but indeed I don't get the override plugin working in the newest CB and GJ versions.

For now I will put the strings in the plugin language file and redo that after any update till you come with the backend interface.

P.s: I had put the overwrite plugin problem in www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/227556-cb-language-override-video-tutorial-resources. That is a better place and maybe someone know a fix.

8 years 3 months ago #276423 by krileon
Problem with the override plugin is it's just a plugin that's loading its default language files. Beyond that there's nothing special about it. It's not a specific language plugin case that CB even handles. This means plugin load order can really mess up whether it works or not. Once we've official override support implemented that won't be an issue and such plugin won't even be needed. For now try changing the order over your override plugin to be after GJ and see if that helps.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn