After upgrading to CBSubs 4.0.1 (nightly build) alle translations seem to be 'lost'

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272522 by erichburkhard
I have installed CB 2.0.11 and the official CBSubs 4.0.1. Because of a bug in the CBSubs 4.0.1 rel. I upgraded to the nightly build of CBSubs: CBSubs-4.0.1.ci.2015.10.14.00.20-unzip1st-62d515b25. Since this moment all my german CB-Subs translations were lost....

since this upgrade the German site with the available subscritpions looks like this:

....may be there is a bug in the nightly build
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272533 by krileon
Did you translate the default language files? If you did then your changes will be lost any time you upgrade. CBSubs is translated the same way all other CB 2.x plugins are and doesn't need its own language plugins anymore. You can find the defaults below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/language/default_language/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272761 by erichburkhard
...but this I do not understand.....why are there still CBSubs language plugins for version 4.0.1 available? ......

Szenario:
1) I installed the file: cbplug_lang_cbsubs_en-GB-4.0.1.1 from the official language forge url....
2) After the installation the following plugin was visible in the backend:

3) By the help of my ftp-client I see that the following directory has been established after the installation of the language plugin:

...and also in the Manual of cbsubs (ver 4.0.0) they talk about the language plugins which are located here:

so...is this information not valid anymore ???

regards
Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago #272762 by nant

erichburkhard wrote: ...but this I do not understand.....why are there still CBSubs language plugins for version 4.0.1 available? ......

Szenario:
1) I installed the file: cbplug_lang_cbsubs_en-GB-4.0.1.1 from the official language forge url....
2) After the installation the following plugin was visible in the backend:

3) By the help of my ftp-client I see that the following directory has been established after the installation of the language plugin:

...and also in the Manual of cbsubs (ver 4.0.0) they talk about the language plugins which are located here:

so...is this information not valid anymore ???

regards

Kyle is mistaken - CBSubs still needs its own language plugin.

The information you quoted from the CBSubs manual is still correct.

If you want to make changes to language strings for CBSubs you need to follow the instructions posted in the manual.

8 years 6 months ago #272773 by erichburkhard
...OK ...but then I think your nightly release with the following version number : CBSubs-4.0.1.ci.2015.10.14.00.20-unzip1st-62d515b25 has somewhere a bug, because after the upgrade to this version the translation process in CB-Subs didn't work anymore....

remark:...before the upgrade to 4.0.1 (my old installed version was 4.0.0) the translation in CBSubs was fine .... and I also checked the files after the upgrade to 4.0.1. The corresponding Folders (after the installation of the language plugins) are still there and the language translation strings are correct and in place...but no effect

Attachments:

8 years 6 months ago #272780 by nant

erichburkhard wrote: ...OK ...but then I think your nightly release with the following version number : CBSubs-4.0.1.ci.2015.10.14.00.20-unzip1st-62d515b25 has somewhere a bug, because after the upgrade to this version the translation process in CB-Subs didn't work anymore....

remark:...before the upgrade to 4.0.1 (my old installed version was 4.0.0) the translation in CBSubs was fine .... and I also checked the files after the upgrade to 4.0.1. The corresponding Folders (after the installation of the language plugins) are still there and the language translation strings are correct and in place...but no effect

On my quick test translations seem to work.

Can you give me a language string that you changed that does not work for you and I will specifically check.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn