[#5600] use the Request Connection Javascript link for other uses

8 years 5 months ago #274215 by nant

pranaydhruv wrote: Hello Kyle,

Is there really no other way? I was thinking more about a way to put code directly in the custom HTML field, but that diesn't work, next option was to develop a field plugin which displays a field in the exact same spot and has the code.

is re-engineering the cb conditionals the only way ?

Thanks
Pranay

Hi.
I have reviewed this long thread and have also reach the same conclusion as Kyle.
New code is needed as the features needed to handle your use cases are not implemented.

Where the new code goes in CB Conditionals or in a totally new plugin is really up to the implementor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274219 by pranaydhruv
Hello Nant,

I am, scratching my head on how to create a simple Plugin starting with how i can publish a field in a tab in a user profile, this field needs to have those buttons i have been wanting all along on this therad. Can you please guide me to a cb plugin i can review and build my plugin on as a test case ?

So instead of attempting to re-write the cb conditionals which is a huge task for me in my current situation i only have the code running in that part of the page.
Thanks
Pranay

8 years 5 months ago #274221 by nant

pranaydhruv wrote: Hello Nant,

I am, scratching my head on how to create a simple Plugin starting with how i can publish a field in a tab in a user profile, this field needs to have those buttons i have been wanting all along on this therad. Can you please guide me to a cb plugin i can review and build my plugin on as a test case ?

So instead of attempting to re-write the cb conditionals which is a huge task for me in my current situation i only have the code running in that part of the page.
Thanks
Pranay

Before going that route have you taken a look at the layout parameters in the CB Field Parameter tab?

This method lets you basically override the HTML used to render the field in various CB page environments.

I have a video tutorial that touches this.
See #8

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

8 years 5 months ago #274225 by pranaydhruv
Dear Nant,

I am using a custom HTML field, it has Prepare content using CMS Content plugins yes/no.

not sure why i get this when i enter a simple object in Custom HTML.

<?php

class animal(){
function snake(){
echo "anaconda";

}
}

$snake = new animal();
$snake->animal();

?>

( ! ) Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! in C:\wamp\www\libraries\CBLib\CBLib\Core\CBLib.php on line 129

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 5 months ago #274227 by nant

pranaydhruv wrote: Dear Nant,

I am using a custom HTML field, it has Prepare content using CMS Content plugins yes/no.

not sure why i get this when i enter a simple object in Custom HTML.

<?php

class animal(){
function snake(){
echo "anaconda";

}
}

$snake = new animal();
$snake->animal();

?>

( ! ) Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! in C<span>:</span><span>\</span>wamp\www\libraries\CBLib\CBLib\Core\CBLib.php on line 129

Thanks
Pranay

That is not HTML code.

You cannot use php code there.

You need to use HTML code like the tutorial I gave you.

8 years 5 months ago #274228 by pranaydhruv
Dear Nant,

so that is not the way i should go about it. But then what is the right way for me ? is there any other field type i can use and run Php code inside a Tab view ?

My apologies for asking too many questions, figuring this part has kept me awake a few nights :-(

Thanks
Pranay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn