[#5600] use the Request Connection Javascript link for other uses

8 years 5 months ago #274130 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

then does a plugin needs to be developed ? if yes i need some guidance please as i will be attempting my first cb plugin.

BTW- i also read the CB API pdf but it seems like a very old document.

Thanks
Pranay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274145 by krileon
It would require a custom conditional plugin that can support AND/OR usage. CB Conditional is one of our most complex and complicated plugins. Trying to develop something similar to it with no experience I'm afraid will be impossible. Until CB Conditional has AND/OR usage multi-conditions like what you're needing aren't really doable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #274146 by pranaydhruv
hello Kyle,

i didn't mean customizing CB conditional but instead creating a field or a user plugin which shows in that tab area and if statements run and execute the functionality.

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 5 months ago #274147 by krileon
You're trying to condition the display of 1 field based off the display of another that has been turned off using CB Privacy. CB Conditional can do this and I have configured that for you. The issue is you also want it to condition based off the display of a tab and is where you're going to have problems. There is no AND/OR conditional usage in CB Conditional so you can't really do that yet. You'd have to custom develop a plugin that can and for that it'd need to have the same/similar functionality of CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274154 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

conditional plugin hides or shows Fields or tab based on conditions, my aim is to hide or shows Buttons on a field, and also the field would be visible only when one of the button needs to be visible. something like this :-

<?php
$field1 = "avatar";
$field2 = "customhtml";
$tab1 = "tab11";
$tab2 = "tab40";
$PM = "http://....";
$contactinfo = "http://...";
$files = "http://....";

if($field1||$tab1||$tab2==""){print"$field2 && $PM||$contactinfo||$files";}

?>

the buttons would only be visible when a corresponding filed has been hidden , so if avatar is hidden button to show avatar is visible.

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 5 months ago #274205 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

Is there really no other way? I was thinking more about a way to put code directly in the custom HTML field, but that diesn't work, next option was to develop a field plugin which displays a field in the exact same spot and has the code.

is re-engineering the cb conditionals the only way ?

Thanks
Pranay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn