[#5600] use the Request Connection Javascript link for other uses

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274017 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

The privacy issue that i am referring to the user's when they hide their potrait or they hide a tab for example if they edit their profile and select that field or tab to be private, other users are still able to view those. In that fields privacy settings i have selected cbprivacy->user can control privacy. I can check this by logging in as 2 seperate users from different browsers. I now realize that one of the users i was testing with was a sueruser and i didn't realize so no privacy issue exists my bad.

I have now made ur id a superuser now ,my applogies i didn't realise earlier.

I checked the substitution you shared but the link shows if the avatar is hidden or it is shown.

didn't understand what you meant by the checkbox field option ?

Thanks
Pranay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274062 by krileon
I've made a copy of your action area field and configured the conditional for you. I've confirmed it's working as you were wanting. Please also confirm and review the condition carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #274074 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

i reviewed the working of the field and the link works fine.I am still trying to understand how this is working and have a questions and observations please :-

1) What does the 1 in the value denote ?
2) how can i add the Tabs to this value (like files and contact info) to replicate this behavior for them too ?

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 5 months ago #274081 by krileon

1) What does the 1 in the value denote ?

It's an IF substitution ensuring the viewing user is never the profile owner.

2) how can i add the Tabs to this value (like files and contact info) to replicate this behavior for them too ?

You can't condition off the visibility of a tab since a tab output is never actually empty. I mean you can try using the below condition, but I doubt it'll work.

Display: Field conditional self
Field: Custom > Value
Value: [cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID" /]
Translate Value: No
Operator: Is Equal To
Value: (leave empty)
Translate Value: No
Mode: Show

The action area condition has 2 substitutions in it. First an IF substitution to check if the viewing user is the displayed user and if they are it outputs a 1 to the value. Next it substitutes in the HTML display of the avatar field and it does this because CB Privacy specifically nulls this view. So what this means is if the field is hidden by privacy and the viewing user is not the profile owner the condition will compare 2 empty values and pass.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #274088 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

Works right so far, but when i bring another Tab or filed in play, then there is an issue specifically when one field is hidden by the user and other is not hidden, as one condition tells the HTML field to be displayed while second tells it not to be displayed. That is why i wanted to put an If statement to condition the display of the Link or Buttons instead of the HTML field.

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 5 months ago #274118 by krileon
You can not condition a field multiple times. There is no AND or OR conditional usage yet so they all act independently of one another.

There are also no IF substitutions for tab content. The substitution IF usages use raw data values so they won't be able to work in your scenario since CB Privacy does not suppress raw data and only suppresses HTML output of fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn