Error

Please login first

[#5600] use the Request Connection Javascript link for other uses

8 years 6 months ago #273334 by krileon
Ok, next nightly will have autoactions_onAction trigger available. This will allow you to chain multiple actions together, but you need to be careful as it's possible to get it stuck in a loop. So what you'd want to do is condition your redirect action on the action id of your PM action. Example condition would be as follows.

[var2_id] Equal To 3

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #273350 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

a big Thank You !! for getting this done so fast, to tell you the truth i wasn't expecting it this fast.

I tried to create a second auto action to chain it with Trigger as cb autoaction>autoaction_onAction, condition as :- [var2_59]equal to 3 and action as :-
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=[userid]&Itemid=488

but it doesnt re-direct back to user profile and it doesn't send the PM too.

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 6 months ago #273367 by krileon
Your condition needs to be as follows if the id is 59.

[var2_id] Equal To 59

The [var2_id] is to substitute in the id of the second variable of the trigger, which in this case is the trigger id. You then trigger the PM action only. Please note as the PM action is a direct action it must have the "None" trigger only; if it has any other triggers its direct access won't work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #273415 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

Thanks!!

yes this time it works, but please see points :-

1) This button / link should only be visible if a user Hides their potrait / or a Tab or a field. as this will be used to request that field to be visible.

2) the PM that will be sent will have a standard format:-

Dear [needs to be the first name of the user whose Profile is visited],

Thanks
[needs to be the first name of the user who is sending the PS]

8 years 6 months ago #273437 by krileon

1) This button / link should only be visible if a user Hides their potrait / or a Tab or a field. as this will be used to request that field to be visible.

You'll need to condition the field with CB Conditional to check if their portrait is hidden (I'm guessing you're also using a condition for this?).

2) the PM that will be sent will have a standard format:-

The PM can be whatever you like since it's configured in the auto action directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 6 months ago #273466 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

1)the condition i am using is not working :-
[cb:userdata field="avatar" avatar="nophoto_n|tnnophoto_n\.png$/]

2)what should be the right substitution for this, (i am wanting the Firstname of the user to whom the PM is being sent ) ?

Dear [cb:userdata field="firstname" user !="#me" /],

Thanks
Pranay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn