[#5600] use the Request Connection Javascript link for other uses

8 years 5 months ago #274229 by nant

pranaydhruv wrote: Dear Nant,

so that is not the way i should go about it. But then what is the right way for me ? is there any other field type i can use and run Php code inside a Tab view ?

My apologies for asking too many questions, figuring this part has kept me awake a few nights :-(

Thanks
Pranay

You asked to be able to add a button next to a field.

You can use the method I proposed to do this without the need to use PHP code.

Sorry, I do not see the need to use php code to add a button next to a field.

Example layout code:
[value] <a href="http:www.joomlapolis.com" title="" target="_blank">Joomlapolis button here</a>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274230 by pranaydhruv
adding a button without the functionality is of no use, Thanks!!

8 years 5 months ago #274287 by nant

pranaydhruv wrote: adding a button without the functionality is of no use, Thanks!!

Well, I know that Kyle is planning a php custome code plugin. Not sure of ETA yet, but it sounds like it should help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pranaydhruv

8 years 5 months ago #274302 by pranaydhruv
Dear Nant / Kyle,

Much appreciated, Thanks for help to Kyle too who added a feature to the Auto action in few minutes and uploaded the next version. exceeded expectation to be truthful.

Thanks
Pranay
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 4 months ago #275140 by krileon
A CB Code Field is planned to allow PHP usage in a field and output the results. An alternative for now is to enable content prepare for your Custom HTML field then use something like Sourcerer.

Your button could also just link to an action and perform your PHP from there. That's still not going to solve your condition problem though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275368 by pranaydhruv
Dear Kyle,

I tried, but i think things fail when Tab substitution comes into play, and with that premise i tested by creating multiple Custom HTML fields instead of one and each field to have a button for a different and a specific function and these custom html fields will display by conditioning self on only one condition. This seems to work, however this means the Tab can't be hidden in my use case which keeps me restricted to only working with hiding fields with Privacy plugin and not tabs.

This solution works but with a little compromise on use case, i am still testing this to see if it is indeed a good barter.

Thanks
Pranay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn