[#5600] use the Request Connection Javascript link for other uses

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #272980 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,
I updated the Auto actions plugin to the latest release and also the conditionals to the latest. and created an Autoaction for Private message , it created a URL as follows :-

http://localhost/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=59&Itemid=488&&users=[user_id]

when i use this URL in custom HTML it doesn't send a PM to the user whose profile is being visited, but when i use the URL to send a message to the user's own profile that works.

so the URL works but only to send a self message.

Thanks
Pranay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #273003 by krileon
Please ensure your PM action is configured as exampled in my reply below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/231695-use-the-request-connection-javascript-link-for-other-uses?limitstart=0#272910

The From needs to be of the viewing user while the To would be of the trigger user. Ensure the &users= is replacing as expected in your Custom HTML field. It should have the user id of the displayed user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #273074 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

I followed your instructions word to word. and in Customer HTML field when i put in that URL and add &users=[user_id] part in the end, and go to some other user's profile i do see their id at the end of the URL, but it is not part of the URL somehow, because when i hover over the link that id does not change color. and when i click the link a message is sent to my own profile instead of that user. Also when i go to that link and type in that users id at the end of the link manually in the browser and refresh, that user gets a message from their own profile.

Thanks
Pranay
Attachments:

8 years 5 months ago #273104 by krileon
Please provide the exact contents of your Custom HTML field in a forum code tag.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #273137 by pranaydhruv
<address><a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=pluginclass&amp;plugin=cbautoactions&amp;action=action&amp;actions=59&amp;Itemid=488&amp;users=">http://localhost/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=pluginclass&amp;plugin=cbautoactions&amp;action=action&amp;actions=59&amp;Itemid=488&amp;users=[user_id]</address>

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #273146 by krileon
Your substitution is outside the href. Try the below.

<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=59&Itemid=488&users=[user_id]">PM</a>

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn