Error

Please login first

[#5600] use the Request Connection Javascript link for other uses

8 years 6 months ago #273674 by krileon
What is the output of both the substitutions? The first usage should be acceptable to condition against. The below condition may work, but I don't know how well CB Conditionals is going to work when combined with CB Privacy.

Display: Field conditional self
Field: Custom > Value
Value: [cb:userfield field="avatar" /]
Translate Value: No
Operator: Is Empty
Mode: Hide

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #273693 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

how do i check the output of the substitutions?

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 6 months ago #273694 by krileon
Add them to a Custom HTML field then view the users profile that has the avatar hidden.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #273759 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

The following conig works fine :-
Value: [cb:userfield field="avatar" /]
Mode: show

I tied a similar condition for a Tab too for a similar PM in the same HTML field :-

Value: [cb:usertab tab="11" user="#displayedOrMe" /]
Mode: show

but there are issues as below:-
1)when a user is hiding any one either the avatar or that tab, the Custom HTML field becomes invisible,however the idea is that the link / Button to request the user to show the hidden part should be visible.
2) there is an error i am attaching the screenshot.
Attachments:

8 years 5 months ago #273766 by krileon

1)when a user is hiding any one either the avatar or that tab, the Custom HTML field becomes invisible,however the idea is that the link / Button to request the user to show the hidden part should be visible.

You can't combine 2 plugins that both control tab/field access. CB Conditional has no idea a field has been hidden by CB Privacy so your conditions probably won't work and conditioning on an entire tabs HTML display has never been tested and probably won't work. You need to know what the output of those substitutions are before to attempt to condition against them. This is done by adding them to a Custom HTML field and see exactly what the output; then condition based off that.

2) there is an error i am attaching the screenshot.

Please ensure your install is up to date. CB Activity appears to be out of date and the latest CB Activity is attempting to be used in CB Auto Actions, which is resulting in a fatal error.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 5 months ago #273786 by pranaydhruv
Hello Kyle,

i am attaching the output of the HTML field, sorry missed request last time.
i have updated CB activity to the latest version.

Thanks
Prany
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn