Upgrades/Renewals

8 years 4 months ago #275003 by cagoffice
Upgrades/Renewals was created by cagoffice
Hello,

We have 2 plans (1 is for Three calendar years and 1 is for One calendar year).

We want our users to be able to switch to either or if they want to go down to paying once a year for example.

Here is my issue- when I allow an "upgrade" to the 1 year plan if the user is a 3 year user, they can log in and see the "upgrade". Here is the problem, if the user has a 3 year plan and the expiry is December 31, 2015- the "upgrade" to 1 year is for Year 2015 (which they've already paid for). How do I allow them to pay for Year 2016 like a renewal but it's the upgrade.

I hope this makes sense.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275029 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Upgrades/Renewals

cagoffice wrote: Hello,

We have 2 plans (1 is for Three calendar years and 1 is for One calendar year).

We want our users to be able to switch to either or if they want to go down to paying once a year for example.

Here is my issue- when I allow an "upgrade" to the 1 year plan if the user is a 3 year user, they can log in and see the "upgrade". Here is the problem, if the user has a 3 year plan and the expiry is December 31, 2015- the "upgrade" to 1 year is for Year 2015 (which they've already paid for). How do I allow them to pay for Year 2016 like a renewal but it's the upgrade.

I hope this makes sense.

I would not show the downgrade possibility for users that already have an active running three year plan.

You can configure this in the plan workflow tab.

This way the 1 year proposal can be configured to only show up when the 3 year plan has expired giving the user the opportunity to eaith renew for 3 more years or switch over to the 1 year plan.

8 years 4 months ago #275067 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Upgrades/Renewals
I guess I am just confused on the conditions that are there. I don't know how to program it so it shows up when the plan expires or maybe is it possible to upgrade for the following year say within 4 months of their existing plan expiry date?

8 years 4 months ago #275153 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrades/Renewals
I believe the following condition should be able to cover your usage.

Subscriptions upgrades workflows
First static condition: This condition must be NOT be met to allow upgrades:
Any of the following plans subscriptions: (your 3 year plan here)
Must be in state: Active

This should mean the 1 year plan can not be upgraded to if the 3 year plan is currently active. You could do the same for the 3 year plan if 1 year plan is active too I suppose.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275154 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Upgrades/Renewals
But is there a way for them to upgrade in November/December 2015 for example, for Year 2016?

8 years 4 months ago #275157 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrades/Renewals
If you're using 1 year duration then their plan isn't expired and will continue into 2016. If you'e using by calendar year it expires at the end of the year. In the case of by calendar year the above works fine. In the case of 1 year duration I don't know what to suggest as their plan isn't expired yet and there's no purpose to renewing. It maybe doable with "Second static condition And/Or" and an OR condition on the subscription or expiration date, but as I don't understand the usecase I don't really know what to suggest for the OR case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds